Class of 2023

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Pete doing what Pete does...

Pete Craska (2023, Gibsonia, Pa.) has been on our radar for a few years now as the left-handed stick shows some of the most pop you will find in his class. The 6-foot-2, 230-pound profile is going to limit him at the first base position at the next level but with his tools in the box, it isn’t going to matter much. He does a great job of staying simple in his pre-pitch actions before unloading on baseballs. He knows how to leverage the baseball and carries a mature approach to the plate. He projects plenty of power down the road and is going to continue to find himself in the middle of lineups for the rest of his career. He hit .385 on the weekend while doubling once as he knocked in eight RBI. Look for the Georgia Tech commit to continue the trend this summer of finding loud barrels and knocking in countless runs for his East Cobb Astros ball club.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Pete doing what Pete does...

Pete Craska (2023, Gibsonia, Pa.) has been on our radar for a few years now as the left-handed stick shows some of the most pop you will find in his class. The 6-foot-2, 230-pound profile is going to limit him at the first base position at the next level but with his tools in the box, it isn’t going to matter much. He does a great job of staying simple in his pre-pitch actions before unloading on baseballs. He knows how to leverage the baseball and carries a mature approach to the plate. He projects plenty of power down the road and is going to continue to find himself in the middle of lineups for the rest of his career. He hit .385 on the weekend while doubling once as he knocked in eight RBI. Look for the Georgia Tech commit to continue the trend this summer of finding loud barrels and knocking in countless runs for his East Cobb Astros ball club.

This kid is from PA and comes down here to play summer ball for East Cobb?

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. Never knew this. I guess they come here for the competition.
and access to scouts/colleges on the East Coast. East Coast colleges and scouts do not come to Texas. These bigger events draw more teams and scouts. Most Texas teams stay within Texas or nearby Region and if your kid wants to explore or be exposed to schools outside of that, you have to go to where the tournaments/scouts are.... Hence the draw to East Cobb, Lakepoint, FL, etc.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
and access to scouts/colleges on the East Coast. East Coast colleges and scouts do not come to Texas. These bigger events draw more teams and scouts. Most Texas teams stay within Texas or nearby Region and if your kid wants to explore or be exposed to schools outside of that, you have to go to where the tournaments/scouts are.... Hence the draw to East Cobb, Lakepoint, FL, etc.
My how times have changed even since perhaps GT snagged a pitcher from EC 15 (?) years ago.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Assume this is his East Cobb Astros team? It's been just enough years since my boys played that I forget but I was thinking the East Cobb Yankees kick in around 17 or 18U. So, for example in his case, would he potentially be on the Yankees next summer then?
Astros is the top team for the 17 & 18U age group. I think.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
busy day...another from GA Bombers... 10th addition to the 23 class

World Series MVP

1626975801229.png

Attachments

• 1626975809245.png
    1626975809245.png
    291.1 KB · Views: 4