Class of 2022 - Baseball Commits

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Got another 22...

1615209941092.png

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

This is off topic but felt like replying to this specific tweet/message because its related. Buford which has several? GT commits on their team is the #1 team in the country and it isn't particularly close from what I've been told. They were playing my high school alma mater last night and lost for the first time this season on the back end of their double header. Walk-off single to win 1-0 in the 11th inning. Buddy coaching for Pope said the best game he has ever been apart of. Second round of playoffs, winner advances tonight. Missing high school baseball right about now.

702🔜404

Georgia Tech Fan
For some reason, I think he'll make it to campus, but I also think that Riley Stanford more than likely won't.
You are spot on. He plans on going to GT to get his degree (who wouldn't!) and hopefully play some pro ball after while improving his draft stock at GT. He is a young 2022, turns 17 this summer. Early 2022 Draft rankings have him between rounds 5-8. Our high school team has 2 potential first 3 round kids so we have a dozen scouts at every game, so your ability to get noticed is literally handed to you if you perform. Given how well he has played so far he is getting some hype. Looks like GT will lose some of our studs to the draft when he gets to campus in 2022, but 2021 class should make up for some of that. I am very excited for the pitchers coming in through 2021 as well.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
This is off topic but felt like replying to this specific tweet/message because its related. Buford which has several? GT commits on their team is the #1 team in the country and it isn't particularly close from what I've been told. They were playing my high school alma mater last night and lost for the first time this season on the back end of their double header. Walk-off single to win 1-0 in the 11th inning. Buddy coaching for Pope said the best game he has ever been apart of. Second round of playoffs, winner advances tonight. Missing high school baseball right about now.
Just to not leave everyone on the edge of their seat... down goes the #1 team in the country. (sorry GT commits on the team)

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
WOW!!! WHODATHUNK!!!

It's like the Fall WWBA in Jupiter (Ft Meyers this year). All the TOP nationwide teams got knocked out in the first round of play offs. ALL OF THEM (East Cobb, Canes, Team Elite, FL Burn, etc.) Hence some no name team won the fall tournament. Quite the upsepts!

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Cameron...pop it like its hot.

Cameron Freeman (2022, Little River, S.C.) was on the hill in the first round of the playoffs for his 5 Star National Black squad and impressed right away. He looks to have filled out the 6-foot-3 frame with more strength as he is furthering his case to be a starter at the next level. The lower half is very sturdy, and he does a great job utilizing that strength in his actions on the bump. Mechanically, he is fundamentally sound as he stays direct to the dish and shows a whippy arm action as he releases from a higher slot. The fastball was his go to pitch as he worked off the heater. He topped out at 90 mph early and sat in the upper-80s for the majority of his outing. The fastball jumps out of hand and snuck up on hitters. He also mixed in a slurvy breaking ball that is still work in progress, but when he found the release point, it showed signs of swing-and miss actions. In five innings pitched, he struck out seven while scattering three hits on four free passes. Look for the Georgia Tech commit to clean up the breaking ball and make a jump this summer as he still has immense upside.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Riley up to 97!

Riley Stanford (2022, Gainesville, Ga.), a 6-foot-4, 225-pound outfielder and right-handed pitcher, was on the bump for the Georgia Bombers 17U Marucci squad. The big right-hander was a little rusty in the first inning with his control and release point, but definitely not with his velocity. He was also having trouble with his grip on a hot day, but with the help of a towel behind the mound for the second inning, he settled in and commanded the zone. His fastball was in the low-90s early and ran one up to 97 mph in his second inning of work. He flashed a tight slider in the 78-82 mph range and a couple changeups with some fade to lefties in the mid-80s. Stanford is also a bat and went 1-for-2 with a single and was intentionally walked with a base open and the tying run on second base. Stanford has big tools on both sides of the ball and is a Georgia Tech commit.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Sounded like an announcement. Not sure if GT informs PG of verbal or how that works.

Again, I’m a fan of announcement…besides the process is pretty annoying (for both players and parents) and programs, who each run on their own timeline, should be in the loop and others aware, especially if late to “the game”.

FYI, I’m definitely not complaining about GT’s process. BY FAR the best and least stressful, of the lot, for everyone involved.

but good catch, Nuke. Nice grab from Canes org. Catcher U!

Last edited: