Class of 2022 - Baseball Commits

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yes, he would be the same player.

Given the uncertainty of the MLB negotiations, I'd think even the guys who are planning to go in the draft want an option. I still guess there is a >90% chance of a draft this year, maybe only 15 rounds or even less.

But after the first 5 rounds or so the bonus is generally <$300K. So better for high potential players to develop in college, increase their draft value and avoid some time in the puppy farm minors.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
I'm also hearing Termarr Johnson is a very good possibility of committing to play at the rusty c. If that happens holy cow what a get.
That would be amazing, (HE IS A BEAST) but given he is the #1 ranked player in 22 class and slated to draft in top 5-10 in most mock drafts, not too likely.
(not the same teams but Slots similar to 2020 & 21...)
1644598665150.png

ScGold

Banned
That would be amazing, (HE IS A BEAST) but given he is the #1 ranked player in 22 class and slated to draft in top 5-10 in most mock drafts, not too likely.
(not the same teams but Slots similar to 2020 & 21...)
View attachment 12089
If his family is ok financially, he would be better served to go to college for 3 years. Statistics have proven players going the college route have a higher hit rare to go to the show vs hs drafted players. Hoping he chooses to play for Ramsey.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If his family is ok financially, he would be better served to go to college for 3 years. Statistics have proven players going the college route have a higher hit rare to go to the show vs hs drafted players. Hoping he chooses to play for Ramsey.

It would be 3 years since he is currently 17 years and 8 months old. Be 18 this draft and three draft years till he's 21. https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=439382

I was hoping it would be two which would increase his chances of going to college. I think if you drafted in first round, you take it since its a crap shoot what the competition will be later. And how much a player progresses relative to his peers. Jason Varitek says hello though. Depends on how much is offered and the team.......... Nice thing to think about but very unlikely. I think he signs with us as a hedge.

Glad I'm not the coaching staff trying to figure out next year's team. But that is next year. We gotta do better this year!!!! The Future Is Now.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Remember when I said the draft was really important to next year's class and roster? Even more so now.

Looks like the MLB negotiations are looking at reducing the size of the minors and permanently reducing the draft t to 20 rounds. Who knows when the lockout is going to be ended and where the numbers are going to be.

If there is a draft this year, even a reduced size one Sabathia will be drafted if he has indicated that he'll sign. Will that happen? Only a few know and they shouldn't be talking! So we get to wait and dream.