Class of 2019 - Commitments & Draft

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Imagine if CPJ had too 25 classes every year and played 0.500 ball. But I digress. Nothing would make me happpier than to see 40-50 wins and a trip to the World Series. We need to get some momentum back in our sports programs.

We have had top 25 classes and had top 25 hitting and defense at some positions. The problem has been getting and developing pitching.

Strangely like fcpj (former cpj) having the best rushing (statistically) team but glaring weaknesses elsewhere that prevented overall success.

I think till we have a record of developing pitching talent, it's going to be hard to overcome till Hall and Howell are gone. But hopefully I'm shown wrong starting this year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@CuseJacket put this in another thread. Our perceived ability to get players into the MLB is probably one of our bigger benefits to recruiting. I think we are getting a bit of a "Bart Bounce" in 2019 and 2020.

#9 out of 297 teams ain't too bad.

In fairness, some/most of this ability to get players into the MLB has to be attributed to Hall since he's been here forever. The players mentioned are position players; I'm surprised that Vandy (who consistently puts great pitchers into the MLB) isn't above us. But Hall's strength has always been offense and not pitching as much.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/the-best-ncaa-teams-at-producing-impact-big-leaguers/