CJP on ESPN

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
I just saw Pastner on ESPN halftime show of Dayton vs Houston in studio with Seth Greenberg and Cory Alexander. Is this his new gig? Am I the only one that didn’t know?

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
You're probably the only one who cares!
I disagree. I harbor him no ill will. I'm happy to see him find success elsewhere. I think he did all he could to make us successful but recruiting killed him. I'm also not sure he got the same amount of administrative support that the current coaches enjoy with Batt and Cabrera. So count me as one who cares.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I disagree. I harbor him no ill will. I'm happy to see him find success elsewhere. I think he did all he could to make us successful but recruiting killed him. I'm also not sure he got the same amount of administrative support that the current coaches enjoy with Batt and Cabrera. So count me as one who cares.
Yep, me too. He had a lot of headwinds to work against while at Tech. Hopefully our new coach will get more support and not have any false legal charges thrown at him in the middle of recruiting.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Pastner was a relief after Gregory. Had the Ron Bell situation not happened, who knows what our program would look like. He was a decent coach, high character guy, went out of his way to connect with players and fans. Count me as someone who cares about what he is doing and hoping for future success.

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I am lucky enough to count Josh as a friend. Every time I have spoken to him and inquired how he was doing his answer has been "not as good as when I was coaching Georgia Tech". He still loves and cares about the school. The TV gig is a great distraction for him and I hope he becomes the new curmudgeon that ESPN seems to love. He is truly a wonderful guy with a wonderful family.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I am lucky enough to count Josh as a friend. Every time I have spoken to him and inquired how he was doing his answer has been "not as good as when I was coaching Georgia Tech". He still loves and cares about the school. The TV gig is a great distraction for him and I hope he becomes the new curmudgeon that ESPN seems to love. He is truly a wonderful guy with a wonderful family.
He’s definitely a quality man. Wish it would’ve worked out.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
yep, the man made a terrible mistake in trusting that psycho "friend" who put us in doghouse and killed his recruiting momentum and ultimately his record.Maybe too gullible for the state of bball of today.