CHICO BENNETT OUT FOR REMAINDER OF THE SEASON

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
DEF43BDF-DF03-4F97-AB8B-54D9E530D50E.jpeg

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
Just saw that too. Hate to hear that. I think he can be a special one with a little development and time in the strength and conditioning program. Anyone know the nature of the surgery? Did he play against Miami?

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
Just saw that too. Hate to hear that. I think he can be a special one with a little development and time in the strength and conditioning program. Anyone know the nature of the surgery? Did he play against Miami?
He’s gonna be a huge force off the edge for our pass rush. I’m trying to figure out right now from my brothers if he played and what the surgery was on.

ChooChoo Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan

If you look at the picture above it appears to be a game shot from the Miami game

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
He posted it on Instagram on social media so it was meant for everyone to know. So I don’t know what you mean by public knowledge.

I think what @Buzztheirazz was referring to is the specifics as to what the surgery was on. If Bennett mentioned that in his Instagram post, no problem however that can be considered protected information under HIPAA. What the surgery was on should only come from Bennett, if he wishes to reveal that.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He posted it on Instagram on social media so it was meant for everyone to know. So I don’t know what you mean by public knowledge.
They’re just doing their due diligence. If Chico made it public, there shouldn’t be any problem. The other folks on here are just double-checking that Chico’s wishes are being respected, as sometimes people don’t want that kind of personal information outed to the public or aren’t ready for it to be made public. You didn’t do anything wrong, so don’t worry about it.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
I think what @Buzztheirazz was referring to is the specifics as to what the surgery was on. If Bennett mentioned that in his Instagram post, no problem however that can be considered protected information under HIPAA. What the surgery was on should only come from Bennett, if he wishes to reveal that.
I don't believe HIPAA applies to individuals repeating info... just healthcare providers, insurers, and other companies with care related activity. Still best to not divulge if player wishes not to.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
It's been covered but yes I think it's best to keep the extent of a players inuries as private as possible. For potential draft stock, etc. Who knows if he'll turn out to be that good but it's just better to keep these things quiet IMO.

Bamajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Chico played multiple snaps at UM. I wish him a speedy recovery, we will miss his contribution the rest of the season. Agree he appears to have the ability to be a solid player. Look forward to his return to the field next year!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ah, the hits just keep coming.

I feel for Bennett and agree with those who expected him to be a force for good this year. I hope he fully recovers; he can be a difference maker.