Checking on you guys

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
so I had a little thread after our game. even though it was a big win for us, I thought it could have gone either way with some different coaching. I don't mean to be that guy when you're down. but a lot of Pitt fans are still in collins' corner. as in, it was such a turnaround that it would take five years. just curious where you guys are.

for us: well, we're having a nice season and as you would suspect, a lot of the pat narduzzi hatred has subsided and people want to extend his contract. even though he's VERY well played. he's mostly good (not great). and lucked into Kenny Pickett coming back and playing great. all of his flaws are still there (which you all have seen).

just curious where you are at. I know you're staring down a 3-9 season and that's a record that changes everything. percentage of you guys who want to can him: A) now, B) next year unless things change, or C) he needs more time.

you guys are a lot of fun. hopefully see you all if we ever get to play you in Pittsburgh instead of Atlanta :)
"...flaws"? Coach Pat's flaws? Would we be so lucky as to have such worries.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
kenny/Danny should not be confused. I know you're joking but KP really improved, massively. who do you want to win the heisman: KP or another bama QB/RB or OSU QB? gotta think voters have enough of the typical guys.
There was a lot of discussion about comparing Kenny with UNC's quarterback Sam Howell. Having watched both of them it is no contest. Pickett is to my mind clearly the better quarterback. He may not be Trevor Lawrence but he is pretty close.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
thanks. yeah the recruiting is going really well for him. but that game day coaching is just not very good. 3-9 season is hard for a fanbase to stomach, let alone a good program with a lot of history and pride.

what's the financial situation? he has a big buyout?
"...he has a big buyout?" No, not really for a well heeled bunch like Pitt. You want him? He comes cheap and you can have a defensive coordinator for just $1 more...but wait! It gets better...act now and we will throw in a defensive back coach absolutely free. Call now! 1-800- GET JEFF

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Pitt, your team is the only one so far which has taken us apart. Part of this year's frustration is we have been in all the rest but the other team outplays us at the end.

I know little about Narducci, but one thing I believe all Tech fans could agree on is Pitt and a lot of the teams we play don't make errors of sloppy, disorganized play. We are eat up with that.

I like watching your team and will be pulling for them post season.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
There was a lot of discussion about comparing Kenny with UNC's quarterback Sam Howell. Having watched both of them it is no contest. Pickett is to my mind clearly the better quarterback. He may not be Trevor Lawrence but he is pretty close.
I watched the Pitt vs. UNC game, i would say the big difference btwn them in that game was that Sam was running for his life most of the time and Kenny had a lot more time. Also aside from Downs UNC doesn’t really have very impressive WR’s compared to Pitt’s who all look like NFL players to me. It will be real interesting to see who makes a better professional.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Pitt, your team is the only one so far which has taken us apart. Part of this year's frustration is we have been in all the rest but the other team outplays us at the end.

I know little about Narducci, but one thing I believe all Tech fans could agree on is Pitt and a lot of the teams we play don't make errors of sloppy, disorganized play. We are eat up with that.

I like watching your team and will be pulling for them post season.
Mark Whipple deserves most of the credit for how well Pickett has improved.

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
I bet the Pitt fans are in CGC corner. Heck I bet all the other ACC fan bases are cheering loud for GT to sign Geoff to a new 7 year extension...
no. for us, you are the Pitt of the south. so many similarities. schools that aren't going to screw around with the dark arts to win a few games is a big one. would I root for VT to lose very game? I generally hope ACC teams are not hot garbage. now, would I be upset if VT lost every conference game? no...no I would not.

Pitt and GT are almost the same school in different states. So many similarities. Pitt fans can relate to GT and I can relate to Pitt. So i want them to do well except when we play them. I want them to beat Penn St every year as well.
if I could mash a, "like," button a thousand times I would. you've nailed it - this is how most Pitt fans feel. brothers from another mother/city. I agree with this entirely including that I want you to beat the **** out of UGA so badly.

mostly the first half with KP. we lost a OL and the blocking got a lot worse. I don't know why but UNC was intent on Howell, who is an NFL talent, try to play as a RB. it made no sense. he's an absolute weapon but bad coaching by UNC reared it's ugly head. our weak spot is our secondary but you're going to let Howell try to run the ball? Mack is long past it.

I watched the Pitt vs. UNC game, i would say the big difference btwn them in that game was that Sam was running for his life most of the time and Kenny had a lot more time. Also aside from Downs UNC doesn’t really have very impressive WR’s compared to Pitt’s who all look like NFL players to me. It will be real interesting to see who makes a better professional.

it's funny you say that as our WR's were quite questionable before the season. led the country in drops 2 years in a row. Addison is legit. but then Wayne came on the last few weeks. I'd been highly critical of him, and I don't know he's a NFL player, but man, he proved me wrong, massively. and this was after our #2 (taysir mack) went out injured. Wayne is playing way better than mack ever did. perhaps a little luck with that injury.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Glad to see Pitt doing so well. Love the QB - hope the falcons pick him.

My take since you are asking
1. Recruiting is improving and give the coaches credit for this.
2. Offensive staff is doing better. Some of the play calling leaves a little to be desired but team is improving and looks more polished offensively. However, have to remember in today's game everyone scores points.
3. Defensively somewhat concerning particularly that secondary so mixed up. The secondary gets beat quite often but almost as often they are mixed up on coverage. Secondary letting receivers run free quite often or just not in good position and starting safeties are down right scary in pass defense. The mix-ups concern me a lot about the Coaching. Linebackers have improved but even they get mixed up in coverage.
4. I think there may only be one team we played where we had a QB advantage. That needs recruiting work given it's such an important position of college football teams. We have a better QB than Duke but not better than NIU and as far as Kennesaw it's a tossup. Otherwise we are behind everybody else clearly. Howell had a bad day against us but he is a pretty good player. So we still need a QB. The ones we have aren't horrible but are mediocre.
5. Coach is for sure here for another year and probably two years. Fanbase is restless.
6, Coach can come off as goofy sometimes. But if he wins -no one will care.