Checking on you guys

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
so I had a little thread after our game. even though it was a big win for us, I thought it could have gone either way with some different coaching. I don't mean to be that guy when you're down. but a lot of Pitt fans are still in collins' corner. as in, it was such a turnaround that it would take five years. just curious where you guys are.

for us: well, we're having a nice season and as you would suspect, a lot of the pat narduzzi hatred has subsided and people want to extend his contract. even though he's VERY well played. he's mostly good (not great). and lucked into Kenny Pickett coming back and playing great. all of his flaws are still there (which you all have seen).

just curious where you are at. I know you're staring down a 3-9 season and that's a record that changes everything. percentage of you guys who want to can him: A) now, B) next year unless things change, or C) he needs more time.

you guys are a lot of fun. hopefully see you all if we ever get to play you in Pittsburgh instead of Atlanta :)

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
just curious where you are at. I know you're staring down a 3-9 season and that's a record that changes everything. percentage of you guys who want to can him: A) now, B) next year unless things change, or C) he needs more time.
Roughly and generally, and just my guesstimate:

Considering the financial situation, 10% want Collins gone now, 80% want him gone next year unless things change, and 10% want to give him more time.

If there were no financial considerations? 80% would want him gone now, 10% would give him another year, and 10% would want to give him more time.

I personally hope he can turn it around, We're seeing encouraging signs recruiting-wise, but the coaching has been a joke.
We'll be in a rosier mood next September 1, no doubt. Hope springs eternal...

Congrats on Pitt's fine season.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Considering the financial situation, 10% want Collins gone now, 80% want him gone next year unless things change, and 10% want to give him more time.

If there were no financial considerations? 80% would want him gone now, 10% would give him another year, and 10% would want to give him more time.

I personally hope he can turn it around, We're seeing encouraging signs recruiting-wise, but the coaching has been a joke.

I would say 90% want to see changes in the staff now. Especially DC and some other defensive coaches.

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan

thanks. yeah the recruiting is going really well for him. but that game day coaching is just not very good. 3-9 season is hard for a fanbase to stomach, let alone a good program with a lot of history and pride.

what's the financial situation? he has a big buyout?

slugboy

Staff member
thanks. yeah the recruiting is going really well for him. but that game day coaching is just not very good. 3-9 season is hard for a fanbase to stomach, let alone a good program with a lot of history and pride.

what's the financial situation? he has a big buyout?
Big enough. He’s nearly 3 years through a 7 year contract. He’s guaranteed the full contract through the end of next season. I think it’s about $14 mil if he’s fired now.

There are boosters who could put that together, but if you have sense then why would you fork out $14 million for someone to go away? As frustrated as we are, I think everyone can think of better uses for $14 million. We all want someone else with poor judgement to spend THEIR $14 million for the buyout and then some on a world class staff.

His contract has next season or the one after it as the “prove it” year, but for all “intensive porpoises” this year was the year to show a change in trajectory.

As to our well being…

parks and recreation lol GIF

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I thought your coach was the biggest ref hound in the ACC. Nope. Jeff Hafley spent the whole first half talking to the side judge like they were golf buddies. He got every call too.

Yeah I noticed that dude whinin all game long. Thats gotta be exhausting.

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
Big enough. He’s nearly 3 years through a 7 year contract. He’s guaranteed the full contract through the end of next season. I think it’s about $14 mil if he’s fired now.

There are boosters who could put that together, but if you have sense then why would you fork out $14 million for someone to go away? As frustrated as we are, I think everyone can think of better uses for $14 million. We all want someone else with poor judgement to spend THEIR $14 million for the buyout and then some on a world class staff.

His contract has next season or the one after it as the “prove it” year, but for all “intensive porpoises” this year was the year to show a change in trajectory.

As to our well being…

parks and recreation lol GIF

we're there with Capel and BB. can you afford to keep him or afford to not fire him? what a terrible situation. 3-9 is so bad for you guys, man. such a great program. I really wish you guys were challenging UGA every year.

Pitt97

Georgia Tech Fan
I blame you guys for this lol. When Kenny (Dan Marino) Pickett lit us up it gave every OC in the league the green light on killing out suckondary. Yea I spelled secondary like that for a reason. Lol

kenny/Danny should not be confused. I know you're joking but KP really improved, massively. who do you want to win the heisman: KP or another bama QB/RB or OSU QB? gotta think voters have enough of the typical guys.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
kenny/Danny should not be confused. I know you're joking but KP really improved, massively. who do you want to win the heisman: KP or another bama QB/RB or OSU QB? gotta think voters have enough of the typical guys.
I’m with ya. I’m sold on him or since I live in Michigan, I’d say Walker at Mich St. Kinda ironic with the Narduzi angle lol

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I bet the Pitt fans are in CGC corner. Heck I bet all the other ACC fan bases are cheering loud for GT to sign Geoff to a new 7 year extension...
Pitt and GT are almost the same school in different states. So many similarities. Pitt fans can relate to GT and I can relate to Pitt. So i want them to do well except when we play them. I want them to beat Penn St every year as well.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
in-conference rival that you play every season? Coach that they’ve beaten the hell out of 3iar? yes they care.
I guess I’m different. I want to see most ACC teams at least rise above the level of train wreck so that beating them means more than beating an NAIA team. Otherwise I don’t much care who their coach is or hoping they have financial problems or are stuck with a bad coach.