Charlie Thomas: ACC LB of the Week

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer

Glad to see our safety Tariq Carpenter made the list.

Carpenter saved our bacon with his touchdown-saving tackle on the one-yard line, after our defensive secondary had lost coverage on that 54-yard pass by USF late in the 4th quarter.

Without that play, our team would have never been in a position to recover the fortunate goal-line fumble made by the USF running back three plays later — thus avoiding a stunning 17-14 loss.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Carpenter saved our bacon with his touchdown-saving tackle on the one-yard line, after our defensive secondary had lost coverage on that 54-yard pass by USF late in the 4th quarter.

Without that play, our team would have never been in a position to recover the fortunate goal-line fumble made by the USF running back three plays later — thus avoiding a stunning 17-14 loss.

That was Charlie Thomas guy. He almost miscued himself LB of the week

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Dude is just a player. Put him at 2 point stance end like last year. He started and played well

Slide him back to lb and play more off the guards. 2 sacks 9 tackles.

He just a player. Learn the position more. But start him and one other (swilling jackson knight or?) and get rolling.
Some players get wide when they try to go by a blocker and end up stuck to him.
Charlie is like those liquid metal robots that squeeze through and make the play.

Glad to see him beingcreleased to go make plays.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Need more like him at LB. Been a while since we had great athletes at LB. would love to see Quez and Knight develop alongside him. Could be a nice trio for a 3 year stretch

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
Was watching The ACC on the ACCN last night and their LB of the week was some guy from UNC. He got the award cause he had made 6 tackles in TWO games and 2 TFL. What a joke; looks like tobacco road is heavily favored on that show.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

That wasn’t the secondary losing coverage. The receiver was a TE lined up off-tackle running a wheel route. It was Charlie Thomas’s assignment. The play-side WR ran a pick route to free up the TE but it didn’t even matter b/c Thomas didn’t even see it. Just a completely blown coverage that almost cost us the game.

But agree that the tackle Carpenter made was key. I’d also call attention to Jaquan Henderson. He was the play-side DE and figured out what was happening before Thomas did. Then he hustled down following the play and laid one last hit on the TE after Carpenter tripped him up. I’ve watched the replay a lot and I think the TE is able to lunge for the goalline without Henderson’s last hit on him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That wasn’t the secondary losing coverage. The receiver was a TE lined up off-tackle running a wheel route. It was Charlie Thomas’s assignment. The play-side WR ran a pick route to free up the TE but it didn’t even matter b/c Thomas didn’t even see it. Just a completely blown coverage that almost cost us the game.

But agree that the tackle Carpenter made was key. I’d also call attention to Jaquan Henderson. He was the play-side DE and figured out what was happening before Thomas did. Then he hustled down following the play and laid one last hit on the TE after Carpenter tripped him up. I’ve watched the replay a lot and I think the TE is able to lunge for the goalline without Henderson’s last hit on him.
Thanks for the details - especially the hustle of DE. I thought the other tacler was a lb. I think that its a good thing he broke off rush to run way down field ????

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
He did have one go off the side of his foot. Happens when you ask a guy with a leg like that to pooch it.
It ended up close to the 20 anyway, just like he punted it in the end zone. His technique on a pooch kick is completely different than his punt and has a higher risk of missing. I would not count this against him at all.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer

Many thanks for the correction! I have not watched any replay of the game.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

And when the chase began Henderson was a good 15 yards behind and with great effort caught up .