Charleston Southern

slugboy

Staff member
Hoping Neil Patrick Harris GIF

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
How are we still ranked? Yikes. 😂
FWIW... Here's what Aaron Fitt (D1 Baseball) thinks about our ranking (at least why we're above UGA). My uninspired opinion is D1 guys tend to resist changing their opinions about teams quickly. It took them at least 3 weeks to even place UVA into top 25. We're sort of the opposite... but clearly trending to be unranked soon. Already are in some polls & rankings.

Traviis Entrop: Travis from Super Acquaintances’ Podcast – I’m at Georgia Tech grad and former pitcher. The u(sic)ga Bulldogs looked pretty lackluster against Kentucky this weekend, but Georgia Tech has been giving up SO many runs in ACC play. Does your ranking of them just above Georgia reflect that you think the lineup can get hot enough to carry the less than stellar pitching staff as ACC play intensifies?

Aaron Fitt: I would say GT is ranked ahead of Georgia primarily because of the head-to-head result there — Tech won two of three when they played. But I do agree with your premise, the Yellow Jackets have a relatively high floor because their offense is going to mash all season long, and will only be that much more dangerous when Simpson gets back. But in order to reach their ceiling, the Jackets need to pitch and defend much better than they have been, I think that’s pretty clear.

slugboy

Staff member
FWIW... Here's what Aaron Fitt (D1 Baseball) thinks about our ranking (at least why we're above UGA). My uninspired opinion is D1 guys tend to resist changing their opinions about teams quickly. It took them at least 3 weeks to even place UVA into top 25. We're sort of the opposite... but clearly trending to be unranked soon. Already are in some polls & rankings.

Traviis Entrop: Travis from Super Acquaintances’ Podcast – I’m at Georgia Tech grad and former pitcher. The u(sic)ga Bulldogs looked pretty lackluster against Kentucky this weekend, but Georgia Tech has been giving up SO many runs in ACC play. Does your ranking of them just above Georgia reflect that you think the lineup can get hot enough to carry the less than stellar pitching staff as ACC play intensifies?

Aaron Fitt: I would say GT is ranked ahead of Georgia primarily because of the head-to-head result there — Tech won two of three when they played. But I do agree with your premise, the Yellow Jackets have a relatively high floor because their offense is going to mash all season long, and will only be that much more dangerous when Simpson gets back. But in order to reach their ceiling, the Jackets need to pitch and defend much better than they have been, I think that’s pretty clear.
I wish writing for other sports was that astute

I think Furman Bisher said “the smaller the ball, the better the writing”

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I wish writing for other sports was that astute

I think Furman Bisher said “the smaller the ball, the better the writing”

Yup, that a guy who follows all the teams recognizes Chandler's contribution to our team is impressive.

They know so much more about all the other teams than I do. That's why I respect their opinion more than my own. (We can both be wrong though - had to throw in that GT spin on things.)