Changing of the Guard

Declinometer

Banned
The winds are changing. The series of plays called after Tech recovered the botched kick off offensively and defensively were the sort of actions that would have been the demise of Tech in the past. This team found a way to win this game when the game seemed unwinnable. How many times has Tech walked off the field not thinking, but knowing they should have won the game had it not been for some crazy call or no call or 97 freaking no fumble recovery crap plays like that have occurred. They beat all the odds there were to beat. JT may be this generations Joe Hamilton and that excites me. This team could go on a three or four year run against ugag.
I was hoping that we Ladkeyed them to death after recovering that pooch kickoff!

I was hoping that we Ladkeyed them to death after recovering that pooch kickoff!
Me too, I couldn't understand why we didn't just keep punching them in the front teeth. If we couldn't run the clock out on that drive, they wouldn't had hardly any time left to do anything anyways. The soft defense was also frustrating to watch. Especially, since they had shut the pups down the majority of the second half. All is well that ends well right, that is all I can say.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Boomer, a UGA grad, basically said the same thing at Church a few moments ago. He had never seen JT play and he said he was something special. High praise from a dog fan.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Boomer, a UGA grad, basically said the same thing at Church a few moments ago. He had never seen JT play and he said he was something special. High praise from a dog fan.
I appreciate his comments, and Lord knows QB has been one of the positions we have endured a deficit, but my comments were based as much on both lines of scrimmage as anything. We pushed them around and we had the speed to contain them on the edges. JT had nothing to do with that. The tables are turning folks. The series is going to take on a much different flavor for a while. We may not win every game, but we will not be outmanned either.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
you know i think CPJ is in ole Richts head a little bit, poor dumb bastard is overthinking every decision he has to make in these games wondering what Johnson's doing or planning, and will be twice as bad from here on out.

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Fans showed mad love tonight! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GTFANS?src=hash">#GTFANS</a></p>&mdash; justin thomas (@smooov) <a href="">November 30, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes, this... We seem to have a much bigger presence on Social Media lately, all you guys that are making that happen... Thank You!!!!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Idk if this will carry over into coming years, but I noticed a transformation in this team after the UNC game. This team, more than any other in the CPJ era, took on the personality of it's coach. They became angry, relentless, and ruthless. Even when they were down w 18 seconds yesterday, I don't think any of those guys thought they were going to lose that game. That, to me, was the most encouraging thing I saw yesterday. I don't think any GT team since 2008 really thought they were the equals of u(sic)ga. Until yesterday. When this program starts conducting all facets of their business believing they are u(sic)ga's equals, THEN the guard will change. But I believe that day is coming...
I call it swag!
IMO
Some time after VAD bombed us and the academic and discipline issues , coach came back to being a do it now kind of guy.
New "special teams" coach to " help" sewak on oline, new recruiter to get er done in ga, all hands on deck for recruiting, new player development folks, making JT earn QB job, after Duke UNC adjust the defense are all firm, fair and decisive actions about winning now.

We tech guys all over the country need to support GTAA and coach with $ and recruiting. Good discussions for off season.