Champions of Life

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I recently discovered that the cfb subreddit tracks a "Champions of Life" belt. Apparently, we are the current holders of the belt. By losing to Tennessee but covering the spread, we became the holders. We have since covered the spread in our games and remain the holders.

While earning the belt was disappointing, I'm looking forward to us remaining the current champions of life for a good while.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I recently discovered that the cfb subreddit tracks a "Champions of Life" belt. Apparently, we are the current holders of the belt. By losing to Tennessee but covering the spread, we became the holders. We have since covered the spread in our games and remain the holders.

While earning the belt was disappointing, I'm looking forward to us remaining the current champions of life for a good while.

I don't remember the numbers, but we have typically performed pretty well against the spread. Going to look up the last few years here...
Edit:
2017 - 4-0
2016 - 7-4-1
2015 - (redacted)
2014 - 10-4
2013 - 5-7-1
2012 - 9-5
2011 - 5-7-1
2010 - 5-8
2009 - 8-5
2008 - 7-3-1
Apart from 2015, which I don't remember existing, we've typically done very well against the spread. Vegas apparently typically underestimates us, or they play on degenerate* gamblers not believing in us.
*Not all gamblers are degenerates, but those who would bet against us definitely are.

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Butch Jones invented that team so I guess it could be called the Butch Jones Trophy;)

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Butch Jones invented that team so I guess it could be called the Butch Jones Trophy;)
it actually caused some debate among people who wanted to track it for fun. SB Nation does it as a normal belt where if you win you get it but reddit I believed thought it would be fun to award it to only moral victories since that's what the champions of life quote was all about. The underdog has to lose but cover the spread against the holder to earn the belt. We should have probably 3 more defenses this season unless maybe we are 1 loss going into VT. I'm pretty confident to say that we're going to be dogs against Miami, Clemson, and UGA.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III

If you think that's good just wait until you see the imperialism map
We don't own any territory.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
it actually caused some debate among people who wanted to track it for fun. SB Nation does it as a normal belt where if you win you get it but reddit I believed thought it would be fun to award it to only moral victories since that's what the champions of life quote was all about. The underdog has to lose but cover the spread against the holder to earn the belt. We should have probably 3 more defenses this season unless maybe we are 1 loss going into VT. I'm pretty confident to say that we're going to be dogs against Miami, Clemson, and UGA.
Reddit started first...and sb nation stole the idea. It's fun regardless. Reddit has three belts they track. A belt that changes if you win, won if you lose, and now the champion of life that exchanges when the losing team covers.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
we could always just take all of Georgia's at the end of the year
s4eamxv.jpg

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
(y)