Chad Alexander on scholarship

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Having him back and healthy for Duke made almost as much difference as having Haynes back. I said before that he's one of those; an RB who can move the pile even when he doesn't look he should be able to. Some players just have the knack and Alexander is one of them. And he's fast too boot. I'm really glad he got the nod for the scholarship.

Oth, I think if Key had thought it over he might not have had the campus cops come on to the field to pull Alexander over. Young black men have an understandable negative reaction to that, even when it is meant as a practical joke. But things appear to have worked out ok. This time.

It's not UGA players, we good.

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
I actually thought something similar as police are also often involved in notifying people about accidents of family members. I would personally be quite panicked if a police officer pulled me aside in a similar manner.
Police would not show up full lights and siren for bad news. It would create anxiety and heighten.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
No idea what this back and forth about police is about…was it something in the AJC article (that I cannot read)?