CGC on 680

We've had coaches who have been effective at other stops, but not here. For example, Dave Wommack had highly rated defenses at the other places where he was a DC, but not here. I don't think anyone wants to bring Dave Wommack back.

When you have a coach who's been good, and been good here, you want that coach back because they're a good bet. But we're not all that realistic; for example, I want a 29-year-old Ralph Friedgen at OC who is an energetic recruiter and knows all he learned over years of coaching but is also open to new ideas.

It's also the silly season, when people talk about getting Mike Martz or Sean McVay or Sean Payton to be our OC.
I'd even take an OLD Ralph Fridgen. lol

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
And landing multiple 5* recruits every year...........
Thusxfar in this signing period 14 5 * in SEC and 10 in the rest of the P5 conferences have 10.

Whoever thinks we will get a 5* recruit in next 5 years is wildly optimistic. Those that think multiple 5* every year are delusional and can't do arithmetic.

Someday I want "those" to start a thread about 5* every year so we can find out who they are and get them help.

Animal02

Banned
Thusxfar in this signing period 14 5 * in SEC and 10 in the rest of the P5 conferences have 10.

Whoever thinks we will get a 5* recruit in next 5 years is wildly optimistic. Those that think multiple 5* every year are delusional and can't do arithmetic.

Someday I want "those" to start a thread about 5* every year so we can find out who they are and get them help.
Uh oh.....you used delusional.....they are not "delusional" just true believers in a "pro style offense attracting to H.S. players :rolleyes:
I think we know at least one rather new (or is it an old one with a new nom) that seriously needs help. :LOL:

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

Is there anyone who posted or has said they think we are getting multiple 5* recruits every year because of Collins? I think he gives us a better chance to land one but thats about it.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Eh, we could get a 5* here. The vast majority do go to Blue Bloods and SEC, but some fall through the cracks. Schools like Stanford (3 five stars), Washington (1), Maryland (2), Houston (1), and Iowa (1) all managed to get one. Teams like Oregon and Michigan State signed 5* players recently that will put them at 1 on the roster next year. But our team is not going to be built on 5* players, it'll be built on getting an extra 3-5 four star players a year. Having 15 or more 4* players (and the rest 3*) would position us as a top 30 team nationally talent wise (on paper). At that point you should not lose any games on being out-talented alone.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
4-6 is very doable. Those are my expectations.

I think the class Brohm has brought in at Purdue this year should be somewhat the norm for us. 5 4 star players and a class ranking of 27. Purdue’s classes before he arrived were consistently in the 70’s. This is an example of a coaching staff making all the difference.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I think the class Brohm has brought in at Purdue this year should be somewhat the norm for us. 5 4 star players and a class ranking of 27. Purdue’s classes before he arrived were consistently in the 70’s. This is an example of a coaching staff making all the difference.
We won't be able to take in 25 recruits a year like Purdue just did. Purdue's average star rating is in the 30's. Bumping up our average recruit strength should be what we are after more than worrying about ranking which is determined largely by class size.