CFP methodology - Hate it or HATE it?

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
http://espn.go.com/college-football...football-playoff-not-expecting-changes-year-2

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/3/9/8175233/college-football-playoff-changes-expansion

Ohh, the problem with the BCS was the constant tinkering. Sooo - lets stick with something that makes no sense for a few years, so we can prove we have learned from our mistakes.

Not enough "human element"? WT*? Decades of "human element" brought in the computers because the process was viewed as a good-ol-boys-club beauty contest.

The money grubbers league commissioners apparently cannot hear anyone complaining over the sound of how awesome they are.

If the SEleCtion Committee has to be the way, please only give us one ranking, after the conference championships.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
I like what we have right now, which is basically an 8 team playoff. Expand or get lost Big 12. When there are 5 conference championship games played (with no CG upsets and no rift in the rankings) is only when there will be a problem and necessary debate. That is when SOS and "quality wins/losses" will play into consideration by the selection committee.

Thank god for the CFB playoff, and may he find a way to get CPJ and GT into them in the near future. Amen.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
A six team playoff would probably be all we would need to eliminate some of the politics in this. Eight teams would virtually take it out of the committee's hands. Four teams is just too narrow of a window not to allow a lot of subjective speculation.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
A six team playoff would probably be all we would need to eliminate some of the politics in this. Eight teams would virtually take it out of the committee's hands. Four teams is just too narrow of a window not to allow a lot of subjective speculation.
I don't like 6 teams because 2 teams get a bye. That means the committee gets to decide who has the advantage. With 8 teams everybody starts even.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
There are 10 conferences so 10 conference champions. Of those 10, the highest ranked, i.e. lowest ranking number, 8 of 10 go to playoff. Question then is how/who does ranking? :)

Animal02

Banned
There are 10 conferences so 10 conference champions. Of those 10, the highest ranked, i.e. lowest ranking number, 8 of 10 go to playoff. Question then is how/who does ranking? :)

I say the lowest 4 "play-in" i.e. a first round that gets you to an 8 team bracket. Conference championships mean something then.....all conferences have a shot at the brass ring.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
I say the lowest 4 "play-in" i.e. a first round that gets you to an 8 team bracket. Conference championships mean something then.....all conferences have a shot at the brass ring.
Not all conferences are deserving of having a shot at a Ship. Everything out of the p5 is kinda iffy for the most part. Hence why Marshall was undefeated and stayed in the 20s in the top25 late into the season. Quality of competition isn't comparable

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Not all conferences are deserving of having a shot at a Ship. Everything out of the p5 is kinda iffy for the most part. Hence why Marshall was undefeated and stayed in the 20s in the top25 late into the season. Quality of competition isn't comparable
What does Marshall have to do with this? I thought we were saying only power five conference winners have a direct shot at the playoffs?