CFN.com Bowl Projections: Week 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Capital One Orange Bowl

Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL
Wednesday, Dec. 31, 8:00 ET ESPN
ACC champion or highest-ranked ACC vs. highest-ranked Big Ten, Notre Dame or SEC
Prediction: Georgia Tech vs. Oregon

cfn.scout.com/2/1481468.html

The last time Ted Roof was the Defensive Coordinator of a team that played against Oregon in a Bowl game was when Auburn shut them down for their National Championship win (I think).

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Cage fight for the best O in CFB?

Way too much to happen still, but it's better than the Military Bowl. Somehow, where ever we get an offer to go, I don't think the team will turn it down!

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I've always wanted to see that matchup...if we don't land the Orange Bowl I hope we get the Chick-Fil-a Bowl.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Me too. Belk would be boring to me (what is there to do in Charlotte anyway?) as would most other second tier bowls.

A whole lot depends on whether we beat UGa. If we do, our fan base will be fired up and will want to go to whatever bowl to cheer this team on. If not...well, it was nice year and we'll watch 'em on TV.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Me too. Belk would be boring to me (what is there to do in Charlotte anyway?) as would most other second tier bowls.

A whole lot depends on whether we beat UGa. If we do, our fan base will be fired up and will want to go to whatever bowl to cheer this team on. If not...well, it was nice year and we'll watch 'em on TV.
+1 I would love to play ND in the Orange Bowl. Is that possible with the new regs?

TomOReilly

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the same goes for B1G as well. I am hoping for an OB bid against another SEC team. After taking down the best of SEC East in Athens, getting a crack at the No2 of the SEC West would be fitting.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to play Alabama (#1 Defense) and really see what this offense is all about. They'd have a month or so to prepare, so it would be a tough assignment. I think our Defense and their Offense could be an interesting match up too. It would be a huge feather to go in and wallop Alabama.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
oregon would not be a good matchup for GT

they should make the playoff too.....

I'd like to play someone from the SEC West period. It won't be Ole Miss, but maybe Miss St or Auburn

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
If not the Orange Bowl, then what are the chances of the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando on Dec. 30? Would be much better than Charlotte, I think.

Oh, and there are something like 39 bowl games this year...which is about 29 too many. Winning six of 12 games (a mediocre 50%) should not qualify a team for post-season play IMHO.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'd love to play Alabama (#1 Defense) and really see what this offense is all about. They'd have a month or so to prepare, so it would be a tough assignment. I think our Defense and their Offense could be an interesting match up too. It would be a huge feather to go in and wallop Alabama.

Remember when we played Iowa in the Orange Bowl a few years back? We did not exactly wallop them or their defense. Alabama is that good. And they would likely make our offense look that bad. Again.

Now, any other teams for the SEC West we would have a decent shot at, because all the others have flaws.

TomOReilly

Jolly Good Fellow
When we beat UGA and possibly get a chance to play FSU (and win), I for one would like the chance to play Alabama. Our odds may not be great but I would not shy away to a lesser opponent to close out this great season.

Did you not see how Clemson completely stopped us wide, stopped us on the dive, stopped us on the midline? We were fortunate to get points from the defense and fortunate that the muffed PAT, failed two point, and missed fg (six points left on the field) didn't affect anything.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
i wish we could beat lsu in a bowl someday, that would be really awesome. i think AU would be a good matchup for us. i don't see them stopping us on O even with a month of prep time.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Remember when we played Iowa in the Orange Bowl a few years back? We did not exactly wallop them or their defense. Alabama is that good. And they would likely make our offense look that bad. Again.

Now, any other teams for the SEC West we would have a decent shot at, because all the others have flaws.
Did you not see how Clemson completely stopped us wide, stopped us on the dive, stopped us on the midline? We were fortunate to get points from the defense and fortunate that the muffed PAT, failed two point, and missed fg (six points left on the field) didn't affect anything.
Yes. I saw a very good defense win some of the battles against a very good offense. I also saw our offense gain 251 yards on the ground against the best front-7 in the nation. Add another 100+ yards of passing, and I'd say we held our own. I saw us score a touchdown and kick 3 FGs after fumbling twice. We were also on the goal line at the end of the game, which would have been another touchdown, if we wanted.

I'm not saying we're better than Alabama. They are absolutely stacked with talent. Most of their freshmen would compete for playing time on our team, I get that. But that doesn't mean that I would back away from the challenge. I think this team would beat that Iowa team. I think this is the best team CPJ has had in terms of performance, and that's without JD, DT, MB, DM, JN and the others.

I never suggested that we would wallop Alabama, but commented that to do so would absolutely validate the efficacy of our Offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.