Catch up with Reggie Ball

slugboy

Staff member
Patrick Nix was not helpful, either. Just another in a string of Tom Moores, Rip Scherers, et al, who really didn't know what they were doing during their time in ATL.

I’ve heard mostly complaints about every OC other than Fridgen since I started watching tech as a kid. Bill O’Brien included.

Ball probably didn’t get the coaching he should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The Fridge should have been our head coach. UM did not treat him right. NCSU thought about hiring him but didn't for some reason. Great offensive coach that also ran the option very effectively within his offense. Too bad we passed up on him once upon a time. We might have had George Welch instead of Curry when he left Navy.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I always say, me and Reggie about 5-10 yrs too early. Ball should’ve our Jalen Hurts

Yup, you can put Ball in the Donnie Davis category. Their talents came too early. Of course, with Donnie, he committed with the right OC and got wasted by a new coach.

You, on the other hand, don't get to complain. We got video of you winning an ACC Championship. Don't be greedy! :)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The Fridge should have been our head coach. UM did not treat him right. NCSU thought about hiring him but didn't for some reason. Great offensive coach that also ran the option very effectively within his offense. Too bad we passed up on him once upon a time. We might have had George Welch instead of Curry when he left Navy.

My goodness. You know how deep into the rabbit hole you can get if the O'Leary thing would have happened earlier? Ralph would have easily been promoted to be our head coach. There was always a group of GT fans that pointed to Ralph when talking about O'Leary's success at GT.

Ralph loved, and still loves, GT as much as his alma mater. He was so ahead of his time with his offense.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I always thought more of Reg then most Tech fans. Chan was an old style pro coach: play good D, wait for your opportunities, get ahead, then sit on the ball and let the D win the game. Reg listened. Chan and co. were not pleased with his ratio of TDs to interceptions and he quit taking chances. That fit what we were doing, but I think it let Reg's talent stagnate. Then he got hurt and lost some of his foot speed.

I'm glad to see that he now has a successful business and I hope it recovers from the present situation.