Carpenter (nothing to worry about)

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Carpenter is a baller, but he was a little dinged up today and didn't seem to be at full speed after that 3rd down stop. I saw him on the bike several times. He was struggling to defend the slant. I would also like to see 29 and 40 on the field at the same time. The biggest surprise for me in this game was Charlie lining up at Jack.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Carpenter is a baller, but he was a little dinged up today and didn't seem to be at full speed after that 3rd down stop. I saw him on the bike several times. He was struggling to defend the slant. I would also like to see 29 and 40 on the field at the same time. The biggest surprise for me in this game was Charlie lining up at Jack.
He seemed a step slower after that hit. Like you said , especially on the slant.

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
What other P5 schools currently run a 3-4 defense? How big are their LBs?
Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 6.25.49 PM.png

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
You almost wish Carpenter and Oliver both played linebacker in the 3-4 set. Would go from a slow unit to a VERY fast and athletic unit. But then of course you take a hit at safety.

Linebackers next year in the 3-4 set:
Tariq Carpenter (6'2'' 220)
Kaleb Oliver (6'4'' 205)
Bruce Jordan-Swilling (6'1'' 234)
Chico Bennett (6'4'' 215)

Forget Quez
Forget Henderson
Forget Domineck
Forget Curry

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
More factories, what’s your point?
The poster asked a question, and that is the answer. Idk how else you would want any of us to answer it. If it’s powerhouses mostly running a 3-4 then thats the reason the answer was what it was. You complained about it being top 5 recruiting teams, but regardless thats just the answer.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I asked the question, and am happy with the answer. Looks like most schools running the 3-4 have gigantic linebackers. Those look like NFL sized players. 6'4'' 255? Are you kidding me? 6'3'' 266?

Can Georgia Tech even recruit guys like that at linebacker?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I asked the question, and am happy with the answer. Looks like most schools running the 3-4 have gigantic linebackers. Those look like NFL sized players. 6'4'' 255? Are you kidding me? 6'3'' 266?

Can Georgia Tech even recruit guys like that at linebacker?
Tennessee was short of linebackers and had to convert DT-DE Johnathan Kongbo to Jack linebacker. You don't see a 6-6 264 linebackers very often.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The poster asked a question, and that is the answer. Idk how else you would want any of us to answer it. If it’s powerhouses mostly running a 3-4 then thats the reason the answer was what it was. You complained about it being top 5 recruiting teams, but regardless thats just the answer.
Factories are going to have their pick of the litter. Non-factories are going to have to do more with less. That’s why we don’t have ideal measurables at GT. But that’s OK, plenty of great football players did not have great measurables.