Carolina Panthers sign free agent wide receiver Stephen Hill

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
good QB throwing to him. Hopefully he doesn't drop the ball (literally and figuratively) this time.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
good QB throwing to him. Hopefully he doesn't drop the ball (literally and figuratively) this time.

you think so? He is on the practice squad not on the 53 man roster. Usually, this means only backups throw to him at best...not cam newton.

I think the players from our latest GT teams on rosters are Sneezy, Thomas, TJ Barnes and Watts. No offensive players (obviously i am talking the last few GT teams)

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
you think so? He is on the practice squad not on the 53 man roster. Usually, this means only backups throw to him at best...not cam newton.

I think the players from our latest GT teams on rosters are Sneezy, Thomas, TJ Barnes and Watts. No offensive players (obviously i am talking the last few GT teams)
Missed the part about practice squad... well u hope he can make a case for himself. He really needs to become a more consistent player because the talent is there.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Ricky Proehl should be able to coach him up.

Anyone but the NY Jets should be able to coach him up. Just a really bad environment for any football player not just Hill.

You gotta like that their backup QB (Vick) would probably lead them to more wins than their starter (Geno Smith) but everyone's agenda is so messed up they'd rather lose games. This is a franchise that gave Mark Sanchez a huge extension...then drafted Geno Smith in the first round. They brought in Tebow who everyone knew wasn't going to run a traditional pro offense, and caused a distraction all season long.

Hill should be grateful the Jets let him go. He's got a new opportunity to do something with his career in much more player friendly environment.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Anyone but the NY Jets should be able to coach him up. Just a really bad environment for any football player not just Hill.

You gotta like that their backup QB (Vick) would probably lead them to more wins than their starter (Geno Smith) but everyone's agenda is so messed up they'd rather lose games. This is a franchise that gave Mark Sanchez a huge extension...then drafted Geno Smith in the first round. They brought in Tebow who everyone knew wasn't going to run a traditional pro offense, and caused a distraction all season long.

Hill should be grateful the Jets let him go. He's got a new opportunity to do something with his career in much more player friendly environment.

That's why Jets means " Just end the season".

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
i was amazed that Hill ever got drafted, to me he looked like a chicken with it's head cut off running around the field when he played for us

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
i was amazed that Hill ever got drafted, to me he looked like a chicken with it's head cut off running around the field when he played for us
He did not know how to hit the ground (or did not want to). After his launch he was reaching for the ground with his arm and that was part of his ball security issues. Not knowing how to land also leads to pain and injuries. I thought he got a little better at this as a junior but it was still a bad habit. I was shocked when he left for the NFL early because he was a long way from developing good football skills/technique IMO.