1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Can we talk some golf?

Discussion in 'Other Georgia Tech Sports' started by TampaBuzz, Mar 12, 2014.

1. TampaBuzz

TampaBuzz Helluva Engineer

Pretty strong team - currently ranked number 3 in the country. By far the best team representing GT in national competition. Stumbled a bit in Vegas last week (12th at 20+ over par), but pretty strong for the year so far. How do you expect the season to play out? Who is being recruited for the future?

GTFowler likes this.
  2. Midlands Jacket

Midlands Jacket Jolly Good Fellow

I expect them to make it to the match play part of the national tourney. Then all bets are off. They have a real chance to bring home the national championship this year.

GTFowler likes this.
  3. TampaBuzz

Valspar Invitational in Palm City, Florida started this morning. GT in 2nd - 2 strokes back after the first round. Trailing Oklahoma State. Second round has just begun.

4. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

Our golf program is something to be very proud of.

5. TampaBuzz

Alright....tied for the lead with OSU after two rounds. Final round just started; Jackets tee off at 9:33!

6. TampaBuzz

It's final. Georgia Tech wins the Valspar Invitational by 8 strokes after OSU blew up in the final round. Ollie Schniederjans wins the gold medal. Good job all the way around!

bat_082994 likes this.
  7. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

Congrats to the golfin' Jackets! WTG!!!

8. TampaBuzz

I was so busy watching the Masters, I didn't pay attention to the GT Golf team's 1st place team finish and 1st and 3rd in individual honors in Ohio over the weekend. Good job Men!

9. GTNavyNuke

GTNavyNuke Helluva Engineer Featured Member

No question, of all varsity sports, golf is the best. I like baseball a lot more since me and golf balls are like monkeys to footballs.......

But what is the relation of Ollie to our Fr pitcher?