Interview Cameron Albright Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Cameron is one of the most talented prospects from Cobb County this year and he is an absolute force on the field. He isn’t going to be relaxing like most high school kids during the summer break. He will be focusing on one of the biggest decisions he has probably ever made, which is where will he be playing football in college for the next 3-4 years..

“I am going to Georgia Tech on June 7th and then visiting UNC, Wake, and NC St the next weekend. “

Those schools are all in the mix and part of his top group. However, there is one that is standing out.

“My favorite is UNC right now. I feel like they have everything I am looking for in a school. They have great academics, compete for the ACC, and playing time is available.”

“Coach Bell is recruiting me and he is a really cool guy. They are going to have a bunch of top prospects up there for camp so that should be cool.”

One of the most important things is the opportunity to play immediately. All of the “Carolina” schools are selling that to him.

“All three of them are telling me I can come in and have a good shot to play as a freshman. I don’t know anyone that doesn’t want to play immediately, well other than at Alabama.”

Georgia Tech is going to get a good shot at impressing Cameron soon and he is excited about the visit.

“I am looking forward to talking to Coach Roof more and the other coaches . It will be nice to see everything that Tech has to offer. “

So what is Georgia Tech selling and who is recruiting you? I imagine they are selling playing time too with so many guys leaving after this year.

“They have mentioned playing time opportunities once but we haven’t talked about it more than that. I think they will talk about all of that stuff more on the visit. Coach McCollum is recruiting me and he is a really cool guy. I like him a lot.”

What do you like about GT?

“I really like that its only 30 minutes away from home and my parents will be able to see me play which is really cool. They have great academics and are always competing for the ACC. They went last year to the ACC championship.”

What did you think about the facility upgrades?

“They are really nice! Everyone seems to be getting indoor practice facilities”

I have heard OLB and Safety. Any preference?

“Definitely safety. I love making plays and roaming around by relying on my instincts.”

So when are you going to decide?

“I have been telling everyone in the middle of June after I finish visiting the Carolina schools. But Texas Tech is pushing hard for me to visit and they are selling playing time as well. It’s harder to make the visit over there so I may not be able to visit till a little bit later. I probably won’t make a decision until later July. But I want to decide before the season starts so I can focus on football. Our team went pretty far last year and we have a good shot at having a really good team again."

Click here for the dedicated discussion thread for Cameron Albright

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.