Calvin Johnson article

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I was looking for something on Google and accidentally came across this article on Calvin Johnson. It's from a couple of years ago but the article is outstanding.

I apologize if this has been posted before but I hadn't read it, so I thought I'd post the link in case others hadn't as well.

Link

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
That was a great article. I appreciate how grounded he is, no arrogance at all. I never got to watch him play at Tech but did get to watch him his senior year at Sandy Creek HS.

Animal02

Banned
Once in a lifetime talent...Calvin is the perfect guy you want representing your school. Proud to say he is a Yellow Jacket.
My nephew waited on him at a local restaurant. Said he was quite low key and polite and did not really want to be acknowledged. ( I told him he should have mentioned that his dad and uncle were Tech grads and maybe gotten a bigger tip lol.....there are not many of us in this part of the country)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
My nephew waited on him at a local restaurant. Said he was quite low key and polite and did not really want to be acknowledged. ( I told him he should have mentioned that his dad and uncle were Tech grads and maybe gotten a bigger tip lol.....there are not many of us in this part of the country)

"What's the good word, Mr. Johnson?"

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Once in a lifetime talent...Calvin is the perfect guy you want representing your school. Proud to say he is a Yellow Jacket.
I wish we let him represent us a little more in the media. I know he is low key but his workout shirts or undershirts for a game could be GT. That way he is showing how proud he is to be a GT ambassador and alum.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
What a class act CJ is. When you try to explain this guy to someone who doesnt know who he is, its hard to find the words. An exceptional athlete and an even better human being. I hope he breaks every record on the gridiron and wins a SB before his career is over. I honestly believe the best of Calvin may come after his football career is finished. Thats what kind of guy he is. I feel honored to have been able to see him in person every Saturday of his college career. Poetry in motion, and a miracle play waiting to happen.

Animal02

Banned
What a class act CJ is. When you try to explain this guy to someone who doesnt know who he is, its hard to find the words. An exceptional athlete and an even better human being. I hope he breaks every record on the gridiron and wins a SB before his career is over. I honestly believe the best of Calvin may come after his football career is finished. Thats what kind of guy he is. I feel honored to have been able to see him in person every Saturday of his college career. Poetry in motion, and a miracle play waiting to happen.

He just might if there is any truth to this article.......he could end up on a competitive team......
http://www.freep.com/article/20140319/SPORTS01/303190055/