Calvin Johnson #2

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
I was basically referring to how high he was picked in the draft. Going just off of college performance and potential... I cant see drafting him that high. Decision making is key once you get to the NFL level. He and Jarmarcus both had huge arms, but lacked in the decision making dept. I was halfway joking.because for CJ to be successful, he will need to be also. Heres to hoping they become a dynamic duo... Or they draft a better QB to replace him b4 CJ retires.
Where anyone is drafted in the NFL is based solely on pro potential, and really has nothing to do with how they performed in college. Case Keenum who?

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
It's a bit early, but I'd go for Calvin as the best WR of all time. He's as big as Raymond Barry and with the same hands, as fast as Paul Warfield, and as tough as Johnny Blood. Jerry Rice is the only other candidate, imho, and he wasn't anywhere near as fast.
I think you are forgetting about Don Hudson. When you compare his stats with his contemporaries he is by far the greatest receiver of all time.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Is anybody else mad that AJ Green is ahead of DT? I don't get that logic. DT is better in all departments - bigger, faster, stronger, better football player. And, that's not to down AJ - he's a great WR and I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I'd take DT ahead of him every time.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Is anybody else mad that AJ Green is ahead of DT? I don't get that logic. DT is better in all departments - bigger, faster, stronger, better football player. And, that's not to down AJ - he's a great WR and I'd take him in a heartbeat, but I'd take DT ahead of him every time.
They have basically the same stats and DT has Peyton and Welker with him while AJ Green has the ginger. Being objective, I would have to put AJ ahead for that fact alone. If they swapped teams I’m sure both would still put up the same numbers. There’s really no way of saying who’s better.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
They have basically the same stats and DT has Peyton and Welker with him while AJ Green has the ginger. Being objective, I would have to put AJ ahead for that fact alone. If they swapped teams I’m sure both would still put up the same numbers. There’s really no way of saying who’s better.

DT also had Eric Decker the past 4 years; although he's gone now and won't be there in 2014. But it certainly did help him having another big bodied wide receiver who could also run. It made it harder to double DT as much.

Which is to say, I agree with you. In fairness, I'd have to put AJ slightly above DT at the moment. Whereas, I think Demaryius is better at taking short passes and make people miss to stretch a defense, I think AJ is better at the running, jumping catch where he goes over people to make the play.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I don't have a problem with AJ over DT, but I do have a problem with his rank as the #9 player in the league. You're telling me he's better than Aaron Rodgers? While we're at it, I think Andre Johnson ahead of Dez Bryant is flat out wrong at this point in their careers.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I don't have a problem with AJ over DT, but I do have a problem with his rank as the #9 player in the league. You're telling me he's better than Aaron Rodgers? While we're at it, I think Andre Johnson ahead of Dez Bryant is flat out wrong at this point in their careers.
I think this was just a poll on last years performances. Aaron Rodgers is top 5 no doubt if were talking career wise. Id have to disagree on the Dez Bryant over Andre Johnson though. Andre is about the only WR that even comes close to Megatrons measurables.