C/O 1968

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Gave a check over to wknd to the Georgia Tech Foundation for 17million..
Maybe the CPJ haters can convince the powers that be to use it for a buyout. Hahaha
Glad you brought this up, I was thinking about the amount of money that was donated this weekend. I’m a sidewalk, so forgive me for not knowing. I assume all that money goes to the school and not the AT fund. Is there any chance that members of these alumni classes would donate part of that money to the AT fund or convince their class to donate a portion to AT? Half of that would fund a nice size support staff and take us from 5 recruiting staffers to something near clemson. If the stat is correct about 1in 5 being millionaires, I don’t think you could tell by athletic funding.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah none of that money goes to sports, which I'm cool with. Let people spend their money how they like. However, there does seem to be a lot of confusion in general about how the different funds are split up and maybe the institute needs to be a lot more clear and transparent about that.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if they would go along with it, but since the Alumni Association has a fund raising campaign for each reunion class, then why doesn't TStan do the same every year for homecoming? Some alums might give more to athletics if given that opportunity.

They do count money that is donated to the GTAA in the homecoming total. From my homecoming email last year:
Gifts include all contributions to Roll Call, Alexander-Tharpe, and any special gifts to the colleges, schools or athletics.

I never have seen it broken out into how much was donated to a category.

In the email that I received, the person that sent it highlighted that he had personally made a five year commitment to the AT Fund as part of the fundraising drive.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know if they would go along with it, but since the Alumni Association has a fund raising campaign for each reunion class, then why doesn't TStan do the same every year for homecoming? Some alums might give more to athletics if given that opportunity.
I doubt The Hill would be very pleased with a simultaneous fundraising campaign than could cannibalize donations to the school

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I doubt The Hill would be very pleased with a simultaneous fundraising campaign than could cannibalize donations to the school
The AA guards their alumni list like it's their life blood.
They will never share it w gtaa.

The school gets tons of cash from research.