1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Byerly Getting Scholly

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by MidtownJacket, Apr 24, 2014.

1. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/69599/qb-tim-byerly-earning-schollie-at-gt

Really happy to see this. The guy worked his tail off to switch to GT as a walk on. He has been sitting in the shadow biding his time, and if his performance during the spring has been any indication he has taken full advantage of the time to work and get better.

High Praise from CPJ in the above article saying he should've been recruited.

2. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

Congrats to Tim. Well deserved.

3. Fatmike91

Fatmike91 Helluva Engineer

Good for "Timmy".

/

4. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

Hah - yeah it takes stones to call the big boy "Timmy" :)

5. BUZZ NATION

BUZZ NATION Ramblin' Wreck

That is great news!!

6. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

Surprised it took this long... congrats to TB

7. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

I'm not, he wasn't 2nd team until recently. You don't award all your 3rd teammers with schollies.

8. 00Burdell

00Burdell Helluva Engineer

The only thing better than having a good starter is having a good starter with a good backup right behind him.

I think we have suffered recently in various places on the depth chart because of the absence of challengers for the starting spot. That seems to be changing - the number of uncontested lockdown roster spots is less than it used to be.

I don't want the starters to be too comfortable - they need to be looking over their shoulder a lot.

9. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

I guess that CPJ was just waiting to make sure that he would most likely be the number two QB this season...

10. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

Good for Timmy. He and Robbie have the work ethic that will take the far in life.