Byerly brother encounter at ACCCG

Recleb

Georgia Tech Fan
I flew down with my daughter to Raleigh, and drove over with my folks for the game. We drove my parent's vehicle, which has an Army Black Knights sticker (my father is a West Point alum, '57). Shortly after we arrived at the tailgate, a couple of sharp young men in full Tech gear approached our group of 14 and inquired after the Black Knight sticker. Turns out they are both West Point alums (2012) stationed at Ft Campbell.

I asked about the GT connection, and one of the lieutenants said that his little brother played for Tech. He also said that he hoped he wouldn't play much, because that would indicate that Tech was in trouble. Finding that puzzling, I asked who his brother was and he said Tim Byerly. I shook his hand and told him I thought Tim had done a fantastic job for Tech.

Here's hoping our blowout of Michigan St. is so complete that Touchdown Timmy gets another chance to shine! Great to have such a talented and capable backup, and from such an apparently classy family.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ was right - the backup QB is always the most popular guy on campus (even when our QB is a star). I hope we see Byerly move to BBack or even Aback. Kid can play.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Watching TB from behind bench at acc champ -
- I saw a team player who was totally into game.
You could tell he was ready to play, but he would give JT observations and encouragement especially after the zig zag pattern occurred with JT and 88.

If we need him and we more than likely will - I believe his different skill sets will make him very effective.

Glad he is a yellow jacket

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He probably would be an effective bback. That said I don't want to lose him as our #2 QB. I have zero fear of JT getting knocked out in a game with TB available.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think we need to keep Tim at QB. The nice thing about having him there is that it is just like Days being #2 to Laskey. You know if JT went down (but Heaven forfend!) that the way we play would change slightly (Nesbitt, part deux) but that we'd be just as effective. Tim is a really good QB.