Bye Week Media

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I am really enjoying the press conference again. Haven't been able to listen for years. I am getting very good information from this. Sounds like a real coach that is correcting problems as best he can both on and off the field.

And I for one am proud to wear GT all over South Carolina and thank Head Coach Key for making that a bit easier this week.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
BK mentioned a Thursday nighter being fun and I’m looking to go to my first. Historically have Thursday’s been hard with filling BDS? Does the student section struggle? We’re the only P5 game that day so I hope we look like a turnaround program to anyone tuning in out of boredom

dcall

Georgia Tech Fan
BK mentioned a Thursday nighter being fun and I’m looking to go to my first. Historically have Thursday’s been hard with filling BDS? Does the student section struggle? We’re the only P5 game that day so I hope we look like a turnaround program to anyone tuning in out of boredom
Thursday nights at BDS are by far the best. I'm expecting it to be the best attended game in a while, especially after the winning streak and OT win.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Thursday nights at BDS are by far the best. I'm expecting it to be the best attended game in a while, especially after the winning streak and OT win.
I agree. Although we lose a ton of travelling fans who are there every Saturday, I think we pick up a bunch of fans that can't reliably make Saturday games due to kids sports. Just my theory, but I've seen it myself when I had kids in sports. The weekends were often shot with one tournament or another.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he and the coaching staff have made significant improvement. My concern is the ability to recruit. Not expecting great classes but landing in the 20-30 range would be nice. Collins did a lot of things wrong but he was good at promoting GT as a good designation for prospects. At the end, that washed away based on the performance on the field. But he did have a process in recruiting (both high school and transfers). Since Key has never been a head coach and never in charge of recruiting, that remains the biggest question mark for me. Obviously this only matters if we continue to improve on the field and find a way to at least get to 6 wins.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he and the coaching staff have made significant improvement. My concern is the ability to recruit. Not expecting great classes but landing in the 20-30 range would be nice. Collins did a lot of things wrong but he was good at promoting GT as a good designation for prospects. At the end, that washed away based on the performance on the field. But he did have a process in recruiting (both high school and transfers). Since Key has never been a head coach and never in charge of recruiting, that remains the biggest question mark for me. Obviously this only matters if we continue to improve on the field and find a way to at least get to 6 wins.
Not worried about the recruiting piece. I think we have a staff of good recruiters and a guy like Kenyatta Watson in the recruiting office. The best think Key can do for recruiting at this time is to continue to win.