Bye Week Media

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck

“Georgia Tech is building a brand. Wins to Waffle House, the Yellow Jackets, right off I-85, are well on their way. This current team, mind you, is seven points away from being 5-1 overall. Future recruiting efforts are going well. There is an energy around so much that Georgia Tech is doing. Fulfillment, for Collins, is all about the people within the program. Success is a concept that is truly comprehensive. Personal connections are where it all starts.”

I don’t think the fanbase is ready for the level of attention and expectation that Collins desires.

GTBlaze

Banned
I thought it was a weird interview. That’s my thought. CGC is spending too much time with outside noise and branding and Facebook videos, uniforms, etc and not focusing on actually coaching and preparing the team every single week

He really should be involved with the program for everything that has to do without actually being the coach. Needs asst. coaches to steep up and coach

That’s what nick savan does

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought it was a weird interview. That’s my thought. CGC is spending too much time with outside noise and branding and Facebook videos, uniforms, etc and not focusing on actually coaching and preparing the team every single week

He really should be involved with the program for everything that has to do without actually being the coach. Needs asst. coaches to steep up and coach

That’s what nick savan does
I don’t think we should compare anything we do with Alabama or Satin right now. How much do they spend to have a huge staff? And let’s not act like Satin isn’t also doing the same thing selling the Alabama or himself. How am many Aflac commercials does he do?

There’s plenty hours in the day to be with the team and do radio. Especially on an off week. It’s not the time put in the fans hate, it’s the results

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Im fine with improving branding, I just wish someone would give us some estimation for when these branding efforts might start showing a return on investment.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
How do you define return on investment?
Better branding should lead to better recruiting, fan attendance, donations, media coverage, and more wins. Right now it seems we are getting one of those. Wins are obviously the ultimate factor. When does the branding lead to more wins? If branding wins championships, how long is it going to take before our branding efforts win us a championship?

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Just because your branding is great doesn’t mean you are great or win games.

I’m looking at you Florida and Tennessee and USC.

I would say the worst would be having a great brand and churning through coaches looking for a winner like FSU and Texas.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Being the age that I am, I've watched many GTFB rebuilds and IMO this is the biggest we've made in my lifetime. Ross had a big one, O'Leary had a big one, but not this big IMO. The toughest thing both Ross and O'Leary had was the facilities and the $ were in bad shape, not CGC, he comes here with the facilities and the $(now) in the best shape they have ever been in. I believe we need a really good recruiting class this year and '23 class and we can be playing for Championships. I have always thought it would take that long. I want to see wins as bad as most on here, but I just see the road there a little different than what I keep reading here. Frankly I hope you are right and I'm wrong. I'm going to try to be patient, I believe we will get there.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
M
Winning more than 3 or 4 games would be a nice start.
Maybe we let the season progress before we continue to slam our team. As it stands, we've got 3 wins with 6 games to play. If you can't hold back from complaining about your team mid-season, maybe you should take a break.

Edit: But I know you're a long-time fan, so you have the best for GT in mind. But I hate this.

Last edited:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Being the age that I am, I've watched many GTFB rebuilds and IMO this is the biggest we've made in my lifetime. Ross had a big one, O'Leary had a big one, but not this big IMO. The toughest thing both Ross and O'Leary had was the facilities and the $ were in bad shape, not CGC, he comes here with the facilities and the $(now) in the best shape they have ever been in. I believe we need a really good recruiting class this year and '23 class and we can be playing for Championships. I have always thought it would take that long. I want to see wins as bad as most on here, but I just see the road there a little different than what I keep reading here. Frankly I hope you are right and I'm wrong. I'm going to try to be patient, I believe we will get there.
I also have seen a lot of rebuilds , but the big difference is the athletes of today and I'm talking about all athletes all schools maybe not Navy and Army. But the fact is players today are not the same as when Ross and O'Leary were here . Don't start today and they want to enter the portal. Didn't start then you tried to get better or you quit. And so have the rule changes not helped hit a QB today and they call targeting , guess I miss football the way it was back then.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Better branding should lead to better recruiting, fan attendance, donations, media coverage, and more wins. Right now it seems we are getting one of those. Wins are obviously the ultimate factor. When does the branding lead to more wins? If branding wins championships, how long is it going to take before our branding efforts win us a championship?
The last NC was 31 years ago. We haven't sniffed it since then so it would appear the branding may take a while.