Buzz

I just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone else has thought of this. Our mascot buzz has a cheeder cheese color. The past two years Stansbury has spent a lot of time branding our school. Is it time for a new design of Buzz ? I think the mascot needs the correct gold. Also, I think designing a mascot with a little more masculine in it would help. Has Anybody thought of this before?

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Alright, alright, I've calmed down now. I get your point in that Buzz doesn't exactly fit GT's new branding, but he kinda has a branding of his own. However, I am not against it, and I think Buzz could probably use a newer look, as long as he is still recognizable as Buzz. Nothing too drastic. Already this year Buzz is getting new kicks, and that's a good start. Can't wait to see them!

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Alright, alright, I've calmed down now. I get your point in that Buzz doesn't exactly fit GT's new branding, but he kinda has a branding of his own. However, I am not against it, and I think Buzz could probably use a newer look, as long as he is still recognizable as Buzz. Nothing too drastic. Already this year Buzz is getting new kicks, and that's a good start. Can't wait to see them!
Buzz spotted in new Adidas
The Georgia Tech mascot was spotted Saturday wearing his new shoes at an event at the College Football Hall of Fame. With Tech’s switch to Adidas as its apparel provider, Buzz was no longer permitted to wear his iconic black Converse Chuck Taylor All Star sneakers, which have been as much a part of his outfit as his antenna and wings since he became Tech’s official mascot in 1980.
The sneakers seem an attempt to roughly duplicate the plain black uppers and white rubber midsole of the famed Converse sneaker. Not surprisingly, they also bear Adidas’ three-stripe pattern on the toe.
The new shoes can be seen in the tweet below:

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
I agree. Buzz is an absurd mascot and ruins a lot of the tech hats and shirts that would otherwise be nice. But they always stick that damn buzz on there somewhere. I for one would be ecstatic if we got rid of it altogether

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the costumed buzz would look right in the new gold. The Buzz logo looks kind of faded in the new gold, but I am okay with it and understand why it was necessary. Buzz is a popular mascot. I think the new shoes is about as far as we need to go with any changes. As long as we are the yellow jackets, there will be some level of inconsistency because gold jackets aren't a thing that exists. Mascots are kind of in their own realm. Stanford's is a tree. Lol

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I say have buzz where a golden jacket :)

It's already bad enough we are the YELLOW jackets that are gold haha.

It is such a weird thing to play with because your mascot has a color in its name.

If we look at the mascot as an animal, with its name being yellow jacket with 0 relation to team color then we can dress buzz up in gold and white.

That would help and solidify a transition.

Think of bamas mascot it's an elephant but they wear red. They throw on a red jersey and bam.

I'd love to see buzz in a nice Tech gold windbreaker or open jacket.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I say have buzz where a golden jacket :)

It's already bad enough we are the YELLOW jackets that are gold haha.

It is such a weird thing to play with because your mascot has a color in its name.

If we look at the mascot as an animal, with its name being yellow jacket with 0 relation to team color then we can dress buzz up in gold and white.

That would help and solidify a transition.

Think of bamas mascot it's an elephant but they wear red. They throw on a red jersey and bam.

I'd love to see buzz in a nice Tech gold windbreaker or open jacket.
I think the 1/4 zip would be better!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
You don’t get rid of Buzz, my son is 2 and his favorite part about going to the spring game was Buzz. All I have to do is drive by the exit of Bobby Dodd stadium and he ask to go see Buzz, he also sleeps with a stuffed animal Buzz. Buzz, Buzz, Buzz, you don’t get rid of Buzz.