Bud foster to Texas A&M

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
East Texas high school football and Rumor site -says Sumlin has his DC. (The guy that was with him at u of h and has under performed the last three years at TAM is gone .
TAM has spent 500000000 on athletic facilities.)

Site says its VT bud foster!??
You Internet guys , please check this out

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
... and so the demise of VT football begins... ??????
It's been going downhill for a while, just not against us. I think Foster really enjoyed playing us because it was a challenge and he knew the answer. Not only that, CPJ mixed it up on him and he had to play the game. Either way without Foster we should be good to go against them for the next little while. VPI really needed Beamer to step down and promote Foster to HC.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The program took a hit when they brought baby beamer on the staff. I could see foster leave after he gets paid.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
This would be AWESOME. Foster has been the only thing keeping them afloat. You put a mediocre defense with that offense and their bowl streak is way over. This coinciding with CPJ gaining momentum on the recruiting trail and Golden's seat being hot in Coral Gables. The Coastal is shaping up quite nicely for Tech domination.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't see Foster going to A&M.
I don't see what he has to gain by doing that unless they are willing to pay him a lot of money.

I'd imagine he'd instead parlay this into a raise, as well as promises of when Beamer will retire, etc.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yea I realized that after posting
Tried to fix it But was locked.

Be honest, you just wanted to give somebody a stroke. ;)

I don't see Foster going to A&M.

For the record (and there is a record) I don't see it either.

Why would he go start over and be #2 to a guy who's arguably his peer coaching-wise (emphasis on "arguably", I know Sumlin's more accomplished as a coach)? Why not just take a decent head coaching position if he wanted to start fresh somewhere else?

dcyellowjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Apparently he's due an $800K annuity for staying through the 31st (more info here http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colle...cle_a82c8b23-d1a6-5cfc-9b55-44e5b0797923.html) so if anything happens it'll likely be after the bowl game, because he's not throwing away $800K
Something to note is that he negotiated that annuity when uga was trying to lure him away, the year Richt ending up hiring Grantham. It's entirely possible he'll use A&M to leverage VT into backing up another dump truck of cash into his driveway.

mts315

Ramblin' Wreck
I am not sure what more he has to accomplish at VT. He has been their forever and I never hear his name come up as possible HC candidate. He is arguably the best DC in college football and he is at a school that is going no where fast and he has reached his ceiling at that school. If he can make more money at A&M he should jump on it. It is apparent their is something in his character or demeanor that prevents him from getting a HC job.