Bubba and Tristan

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know if Tristan Maxwell is still on the team and/or will be on the team next season? His on-again off /off-again is both puzzling and concerning from the viewpoint of Georgia Tech fandom.

Also is Bubba applying for a medical redshirt or is he done?

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Have not heard anything on Bubba, but he has now gone through two “senior day“ celebrations, and with a degree and a child, I expect him to move on.

Tristan had some recent family issues causing him to miss practices and class. The decision was for him to focus on academics instead of BB to try to keep him eligible for next season.

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
Have not heard anything on Bubba, but he has now gone through two “senior day“ celebrations, and with a degree and a child, I expect him to move on.

Tristan had some recent family issues causing him to miss practices and class. The decision was for him to focus on academics instead of BB to try to keep him eligible for next season.
Thanks

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I don’t get the feeling Tristan will be back.
As far as Bubba and even Khalid, as much as I’d like them back for some upperclassman experience with this young core, it might be best just to move on and move forward with the program. We can use the tow spots to land guys that can fill voids we desperately need addressed. It’s time for the young guys to lead the program.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
As far as Bubba and even Khalid, as much as I’d like them back for some upperclassman experience with this young core, it might be best just to move on and move forward with the program. We can use the tow spots to land guys that can fill voids we desperately need addressed. It’s time for the young guys to lead the program.
Is this just a feeling or is it based on actual knowledge? I really hope that Tristan is a big part of our team next year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I've had the same feeling, but I hope I'm completely wrong. Tristan can be a volume scorer when he's on...as we've witnessed in a couple of games. He's like our bball equivalent of Lucas Johnson that played QB for us. Super talented SA's, but just a run of unlucky circumstances since the day they stepped on campus. Lucas really blossomed into a good QB once he got healthy at San Diego State.

Hope Tristan gets over the hump and stays, because this young group can set up to be really special over the next few years. The scoring potential of this group can be something fun to watch...especially if we can find 4/5 guy to anchor our post.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I've had the same feeling, but I hope I'm completely wrong. Tristan can be a volume scorer when he's on...as we've witnessed in a couple of games. He's like our bball equivalent of Lucas Johnson that played QB for us. Super talented SA's, but just a run of unlucky circumstances since the day they stepped on campus. Lucas really blossomed into a good QB once he got healthy at San Diego State.

Hope Tristan gets over the hump and stays, because this young group can set up to be really special over the next few years. The scoring potential of this group can be something fun to watch...especially if we can find 4/5 guy to anchor our post.
I see the potential in him but if there’s someone in the portal that has played multiple years of ball at this level and can fill it up I say move on and help him find a new spot and a fresh start. Win win for both.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I see the potential in him but if there’s someone in the portal that has played multiple years of ball at this level and can fill it up I say move on and help him find a new spot and a fresh start. Win win for both.
I say he stays.
With him , smith and other shooters we can ATTRACT a quality scoring forward.
If Tristan can play defense 1/2 have as well as mad max he will be awesome

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think there is at least a 50/50 chance he stays. The issue he faces if he hits the portal is he isn’t a shiny new penny anymore and almost certainly would go down in class significantly. No idea how he is thinking but if he is legitimately committed to playing high level BB I tell him to stay. If his issues are in his personal life then he transfers most likely to a NC MEAC level school. We’ll see

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope he stays. In his limited college sample, love his competitive eye. Not afraid or hesitant to shoot. Love future of him burying 3s on the road and silencing arenas. His inactivity has had to hurt conditioning - seems like with run of good luck he probably gets leaner, a little more of Pop’s muscle and the he’s nonstop. Hope he’s on roster, healthy and happy next year.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If he does stay then hopefully we open up the offense more and push the ball, attack the rim and let it fly from 3. With Devion, Miles, Deebo and Jalon, that’s a very athletic, talented group. Just need another Usher type at the 4, another combo guard or PG type. Not sold on Kyle running the team and not sure if that’s Devions game and another post player. I think 3 out of the portal and 1/2 HS kids should be the way to go. Just not sure if we take a HS kid to take one if he’s not close to playing as a Fr.