Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas: Top 4 Games at Georgia Tech

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Also an interesting choice of words in the caption from the ACC:
Broncos WR Demaryius Thomas exploded onto the scene in 2009 for the Yellow Jackets and was a tremendous playmaker. Even GT's option-oriented offense could not conceal the weapon that was affectionately known as "Bay Bay". Thomas put together some awesome games in his time in Atlanta.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Alas, however, there is one not so memorable game, the Not The Catch vs. Georgia. All else sparkling.

Milwaukee

Banned
Once in a lifetime WR. Powerful, more athletic than Calvin, just flat out mean with the ball in his hands.

But Calvin is still my favorite. We were spoiled to have had them both ever, let alone a few years apart.

And then Smelter to boot. Dear God I believe I'm smiling.

Milwaukee

Banned
Alas, however, there is one not so memorable game, the Not The Catch vs. Georgia. All else sparkling.

Funny you mention this one. My good friend up here, who is a die hard NFL Packer fan, is now a converted Tech fan because I forced him to watch every Tech game since I moved up here in 08. Now every time Bebe makes a play on Sunday he'll say "Damn, still can't believe he dropped that ball against UGA".

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Funny you mention this one. My good friend up here, who is a die hard NFL Packer fan, is now a converted Tech fan because I forced him to watch every Tech game since I moved up here in 08. Now every time Bebe makes a play on Sunday he'll say "Damn, still can't believe he dropped that ball against UGA".
Now, that is funny.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Rewatching Bay Bay in college, the thing that strikes me is how he and Smelter are very, very similar athletes ... both just powerful and fluid guys out there. That's what makes them a little different than the Wallers and Hills (and Jeff Greene and Jeune to this point)... All have size and speed, but Smelter and Bay Bay were more powerful yet still fluid.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Rewatching Bay Bay in college, the thing that strikes me is how he and Smelter are very, very similar athletes ... both just powerful and fluid guys out there. That's what makes them a little different than the Wallers and Hills (and Jeff Greene and Jeune to this point)... All have size and speed, but Smelter and Bay Bay were more powerful yet still fluid.
Seems to me Smelter runs much more smoothly -- is that a description? -- than Thomas. But Thomas runs like he is angry. At everybody. I would not want to be the guy in front of him.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Once in a lifetime WR. Powerful, more athletic than Calvin, just flat out mean with the ball in his hands.

But Calvin is still my favorite. We were spoiled to have had them both ever, let alone a few years apart.

And then Smelter to boot. Dear God I believe I'm smiling.
More powerful, maybe, because he does run really mean. But more athletic? Not in this universe. Besides, and I hope I don't rain on a parade because I like the guy, Thomas better stop dropping the ball before he is Stephen Hill'd out of the league. Two more drops on the biggest stage in the Super Bowl to go with a spate of them late in the year. Even the Denver newspaper has focused on it and will going forward because if they are to have any chance of repeating Thomas has to step up and stay up. if there is a once in a lifetime WR, we all know which one he is.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Many people forget about this, but the play before Bay Bay's fatal drop, Nesbitt threw a jump ball to Anthony Allen, which fell incomplete. However, he had Roddy Jones WIDE open in the seam, and had he thrown it to him, most likely would have been a touchdown.

Milwaukee

Banned
More powerful, maybe, because he does run really mean. But more athletic? Not in this universe. Besides, and I hope I don't rain on a parade because I like the guy, Thomas better stop dropping the ball before he is Stephen Hill'd out of the league. Two more drops on the biggest stage in the Super Bowl to go with a spate of them late in the year. Even the Denver newspaper has focused on it and will going forward because if they are to have any chance of repeating Thomas has to step up and stay up. if there is a once in a lifetime WR, we all know which one he is.

Ok.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Did he not ask that he no longer be referred to that way? I read the Denver paper online and I've never seen it in there, nor heard a player refer to him as anything other than his given name.
He kind of hinted he didn't want to be called that as a pro but has shown when Tech people call him that he is fine with it.