Brian Gregory & Tech Basketball

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the analysis is still out on Gregory. The improvement was minute in his first couple of years, but headed upwards until this year. If we had not lost some players to injuries, possibly we could have improved slightly this year. It seems probable and wise to see how Gregory does next year before a final judgment on his progress with the team.

That was a super win at Syracuse. Maybe, this will also help going into next season. I have not watched a Tech basketball game this year until I happened to run across the Syracuse game while switching channels. I decided to watch the game. I do remember a Gregory statement in the media that his team needed to learn to stay alert on defense at the end of the games. It almost got them in the Syracuse game.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
did you hear the announcers comment about vt and their injuries? they said that they had lost over 30 games due to injuries of players on scholarship. well excuse me....

we lost jorgenson for 25 games... we lost morris for 21... we lost carter for 10... we lost golden for 2... we lost poole fo 16 games due to attitude/injury issues... by my count that is 74 games from 5 players of our top 8.

i would guess that this number of games lost could well be one of the worst of any team in the ncaa. we had a walk on play 8 games because of our depth issues.

this is not on our coach. imo. if he tweaked his staff a bit and got a coach know for offense i think we will be fine.