Brent Key Introductory Press Conference

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know whether to be proud that our coach is committing himself to such a drive or whether to be disappointed that he had to provide money to reach the target.
He might not have to. The campaign runs until Dec 31 and we are pretty close, I imagine his commitment is more if we don't meet the match he will make up the difference. I would bet he won't have to though (although maybe he'll make a donation anyway... that's not uncommon for coaches).

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
He might not have to. The campaign runs until Dec 31 and we are pretty close, I imagine his commitment is more if we don't meet the match he will make up the difference. I would bet he won't have to though (although maybe he'll make a donation anyway... that's not uncommon for coaches).
I agree with that. Maybe it should have been worded different by President Cabrera. It could just be my GT pessimism kicking in

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
It will be interesting to see how much longer it takes for him to fill out the rest of the coaching staff. Says he wants the right people and that’s very important. The down side is time is a ticking. Early signing and recruiting.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Tell me I didn't hear him use the phrase 'high level'!

;)
Any suggestions for an accurate replacement "synonym" since it seems that the previous coach used it frequently to your distaste yet understanding that this phrase is used extensively by other coaches nationwide.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I agree with that. Maybe it should have been worded different by President Cabrera. It could just be my GT pessimism kicking in
Leave it to a GT fan to find a negative spin to the new HC contributing some of his own money to the program. It's called "negativity bias" (or something like that, I've seen it quoted in different ways like "negative attention bias", too). Honestly I do not mean this as a criticism of you. It's actually not necessarily a bad thing because it's one of the ways we humans pay attention to the potential problems and, hopefully, address them or anticipate them as needed. It's when we let that pessimism/negativity bias get in the way of appreciating the positive that it becomes a problem.g