Breaking News!!!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is easily the least disappointing new of the year. I only wish this, along with BG's removal, would've come a year earlier. I'm happier with Pastner to date than I thout I would be and think this change of scenery will serve him & us well, but doesn't change the fact we probably could've gotten a high quality coach and been better in with this recruiting cycle with an earlier change.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Kinda low-brow but ... well, he deserves it.

marilyn-monroe-bye.gif

ETA: Does this departure somehow relate to CPJ's comments re. our facilities being subpar? Was MBob standing in the way of upgrading?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kinda low-brow but ... well, he deserves it.

marilyn-monroe-bye.gif

ETA: Does this departure somehow relate to CPJ's comments re. our facilities being subpar? Was MBob standing in the way of upgrading?

MBob apparently said football is properly funded. I'd say he was standing in the way.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
MBob apparently said football is properly funded. I'd say he was standing in the way.

So a guy who's never been a football AD misunderstood the funding issues surrounding the sport? Sounds about right. Good riddance. It's not like he ever parlayed his one redeeming quality (head of NCAA committee) into anything positive for us. Nor was he able to use his vast(sic) basketball connex to get us a top-shelf coach (no offense CPast). Double good riddance.

On a lighter note, time for an avi change dtm?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So a guy who's never been a football AD misunderstood the funding issues surrounding the sport? Sounds about right. Good riddance. It's not like he ever parlayed his one redeeming quality (head of NCAA committee) into anything positive for us. Nor was he able to use his vast(sic) basketball connex to get us a top-shelf coach (no offense CPast). Double good riddance.

On a lighter note, time for an avi change dtm?
No. Eff LazyAD.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
his last hire was PBP guy that has little to no experience in Football.....and if your Pastner dont you feel warm and fuzzy now!!...lets get a Tech man!! and put Purdue on the schedule

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gotta give Purdue credit. They ran their AD search better than GT ran their basketball coaching search. Ahem...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
So..ooooooo much behind the scenes stuff on this one it will probably take us until next year to figure out how all the pieces came together.