Breaking News!! Artificial Turf

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
The blue is so minimal yet y’all still find a reason to complain

I don’t understand the navy Blue hate. It’s been used so much over the years. For being an alternate color, Tech’s had some memorable moments wearing navy blue like the citrus bowl win, orange bowl win, Kenny Anderson buzzer beater over Michigan state, and James Forrest buzzer beater over USC.

I don’t understand the navy Blue hate. It’s been used so much over the years. For being an alternate color, Tech’s had some memorable moments wearing navy blue like the citrus bowl win, orange bowl win, Kenny Anderson buzzer beater over Michigan state, and James Forrest buzzer beater over USC.
That is all obviously true, but remember, although Dodd sometimes used blue, our secondary color was black until somebody for unknown reasons either in the late 70s or early 80s decided that blue would be the official primary color. That was all done at a time when the NCAA required that teams wear dark jerseys at home, and I guess, since black was one of Georgia's primary colors, black was not acceptable to many Tech fans. Unfortunately, when the NCAA finally got rid of that stupid rule, Tech continued to use blue, again much to the dismay of many older Tech fans. So yea, I realize that blue was prominently used in some famous games, but it did not then, nor does it now, at least in the minds of many fans, represent the White and Gold.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
cuz haters gonna hate.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Pretty sad that some people are so sensitive that they would ignore people with opinions they don't like. I listen to what everyone says, whether I like it or not.
To be honest it’s pretty boring when people post the same thing over and over and over .... Maybe people aren’t sensitive, maybe they just don’t want to waste time scrolling through the same thing all the time?

To be honest it’s pretty boring when people post the same thing over and over and over .... Maybe people aren’t sensitive, maybe they just don’t want to waste time scrolling through the same thing all the time?
A local friend of mine told me that he knew I was White and Gold all the way, until I turned blue in the face....LOL That pretty much sums it up for me.

Most of us are triggered by the color red. Supersize is triggered by bluish hues. Another day on the swarm. Rinse and repeat.
Oh, I would definitely be "triggered" if any red ever came into the picture. But why would one not be similarly "triggered" by the use of other teams' colors too? The blue we have used is the same as that for UVA and Auburn, but I guess you guys are all ok with that.

slugboy

Staff member
That is all obviously true, but remember, although Dodd sometimes used blue, our secondary color was black until somebody for unknown reasons either in the late 70s or early 80s decided that blue would be the official primary color. That was all done at a time when the NCAA required that teams wear dark jerseys at home, and I guess, since black was one of Georgia's primary colors, black was not acceptable to many Tech fans. Unfortunately, when the NCAA finally got rid of that stupid rule, Tech continued to use blue, again much to the dismay of many older Tech fans. So yea, I realize that blue was prominently used in some famous games, but it did not then, nor does it now, at least in the minds of many fans, represent the White and Gold.
I didn’t see black until Curry brought it in to get a Pittsburgh Steelers vibe with the team in the early 80’s.