Breaking Down Georgia Tech's 2015 Recruiting Class | NSD15 Analysis

GTFLETCH

Banned
ACCDN host Tom Werme catches up with the National Recruiting Director of 247Sports.com JC Shurburtt to discuss Georgia Tech's 2015 national signing day commitments.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes. I've learned a lot about our recruits this year by reading Eric's posts. Indeed, knowing that there is a reliable source on this, led to me paying a lot more attention to Tech recruiting this year then I usually do. This is not really a good thing - I have work to do - but it sure has been enjoyable.

Thanks, Eric!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That was worthless video lol...

Oh wait tho....the genius being interviewed probably has a lot of input in the number of stars players get....so I guess we should all pay attention....hell I'll watch it again now...not.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Listened to Shurbutt on the radio last week - he was talking SEC recruiting, of course - and even he sounded tired of the circus recruiting has become. Not that he and his site have helped feed the monster. No. Not at all.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
If not for Eric and his fine, tireless work, the video with JC would not have been so superfluous. Take this site and the information Eric provides, and JC was complimentary of ths recruiting and had good insight on some of the kids. For somebody outside this board who saw that video, it probably does them a lot of good.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not really IMO. Half of what he said was that Tech recruits average to poor talent but succeeds because said poor to average talent "fits" the system. And any coach following CPJ will likely fail unless he continues to run the same system. I'm a huge CPJ fan but that is just complete horse manure. And pretty much clarifies him as a moron.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Obviously $8.97 per month just doesn't buy what it used to. What coach doesn't recruit for his system? Duh!

So apparently once CPJ retires then the program will fall on its face and the players will no longer be able to play football. Using that piece of rubbish the same can be said for Bill Belichick once he pulls the plug. Absolute garbage.

What nonsense these know-nothings set forth as recruiting gospel. Useless as earrings on a pig.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Having watched Georgia Southern go from PJ's offense to something completely different overnight - and it was brutal - JC does have a point about switching offenses in a post-PJ era. The year after Sewak got canned, the offense was wretched. The following year, it was better, only because the next coach realized something Sewak's successor never did, that Jayson Foster was a singular, game breaking talent. But then that offense was awful after that. And if not for Jaybo coming with Monken, there's no telling how ugly the O would have looked in CJM's first year going back to the option.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Having watched Georgia Southern go from PJ's offense to something completely different overnight - and it was brutal - JC does have a point about switching offenses in a post-PJ era. The year after Sewak got canned, the offense was wretched. The following year, it was better, only because the next coach realized something Sewak's successor never did, that Jayson Foster was a singular, game breaking talent. But then that offense was awful after that. And if not for Jaybo coming with Monken, there's no telling how ugly the O would have looked in CJM's first year going back to the option.
But the switch back was pretty seamless. From the TO to the spread worked pretty good.