Breakdown Of The Run Game In COFH

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow
Great video. You know what’s funny to me? CPJ used to do this type stuff and it was middle school offense. Now CBF does it and it’s really really cool offense.
Definitely agree with your point, as I still am a triple option fan, but I think the thing is when you pass the ball, folks don't quite mind how you run the ball.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
It's interesting that they said we played an easier schedule than them. They played:

UT Martin
Ball State
UAB
(and Vanderbilt)

That's a lot of fluff for a team supposedly contending for the natty.

For the film study: uGA had "clumps" of defenders who weren't able to get to the edge, and also weren't able to stop the QB keep up the middle. Basically they had defenders in no-man's land. They got out-schemed. It's a shame we lost this one.

/

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Great video. You know what’s funny to me? CPJ used to do this type stuff and it was middle school offense. Now CBF does it and it’s really really cool offense.
Early in the video, they complemented Tech offense, but had to say that every highschool offense will be running this. I know that i'm a bit touchy, but it was meant as a slap to GT.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Biggest thing that stands out to me is if we had a great RB, a several of these runs go for way more yardage or maybe scores. Not many broken tackles or making guys miss in the open field.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One basic thing that occurs to me is we need to always go after QBs who can run. In many of our games the quarterback option was a huge play. And as others have said, we must hang on to our OC.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Biggest thing that stands out to me is if we had a great RB, a several of these runs go for way more yardage or maybe scores. Not many broken tackles or making guys miss in the open field.
This doesn't apply very often with Ugag. They are pretty good at back filing. There is one play in the film where Dontae had an open field in front of him. One - just one - block downfield on their safety and all he had to beat was one guy hitting him sideways. He'd have scored easy.

Btw, one thing I noticed is that downfield blocking by the OLs is not done that often. It appears to be left up to the TEs and WRs. Ok, this is one reason to have TEs, but some downfield blocks by either OLs or RBs would have helped. Another year's experience and development might do it. I doubt Faulkner wants the OLs to stay home if they can move well enough. We'll see.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
It's interesting that they said we played an easier schedule than them. They played:

UT Martin
Ball State
UAB
(and Vanderbilt)

That's a lot of fluff for a team supposedly contending for the natty.

For the film study: uGA had "clumps" of defenders who weren't able to get to the edge, and also weren't able to stop the QB keep up the middle. Basically they had defenders in no-man's land. They got out-schemed. It's a shame we lost this one.

/
They played 5 teams that won 5 games or less. 3 of those were divisional opponents.