Braves vs Yellow Jackets - Sunday, 12/18 at 2PM

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Resuming its non-conference schedule following a nine-day break for fall semester final exams, Georgia Tech begins a stretch of three home games in five days Sunday with a 2 p.m. contest against Alcorn State at McCamish Pavilion.

Alcorn State (2-6) has not played since Dec. 5, when it fell 98-65 at Louisiana Tech, ending a four-game road stretch that took the Braves to Colorado State, San Francisco and California.

Sunday’s game will not be televised, but will be streamed live on ACC Network Extra, available online through the WatchESPN app. Radio coverage is provided by Tech’s flagship station, 680 the Fan (680 AM/93.7 FM).

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well, they made that look pretty easy. If Alcorn hadn't shot 3's like their hair was on fire in the first half, we'd have blown them out even worse....

Tuesday will be different, of course.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
nothing game ,good warm-up
the 2 things that jump out at me on negative side-
Heath had 1 pt,1 reb, 1 asst in 19!! mins as a Sr vs nobody
we shot 17% on 3s
on positive--
Okogie 8/8 in Fts
Lammers is still a beast

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have to like the movement on the O side. Granted wish we could make more of the layups.

Good to get lots of folks some playing time and others some reduced minutes.

Lammers numbers were very good based upon per minute.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Watching the replay now. Missed the game while traveling to Maine.

If ever there was a team that needed a back court scoring threat, we are it.

Liking the holiday haircut J-Mo

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
BTW I don't really care for Laminator, or the Blammer, but......the Blaminator? I can get behind that. It's just foolish enough to entertain me

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So I'm at the half.

Double digit offensive rebounds but only one 3. Up 17. Probably should have been closer to 25. Make such foolish decisions but that's to be expected I guess. A good game to come back from finals to. If this had been VCU it would have been very ugly.

As the season goes along I really hope the guys take their cues from Lammers. If you just watch him you wouldn't know if he was playing against VCU or Sam Houston St. It's the same aggressiveness, same play hard game. Josh Heath......quite simply and frankly, wouldn't play on my team. It is not a stretch to say Heyward has surpassed him. Catt should take all his minutes and Corey should take over ball handling when JMo needs a blow.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Okogie has shot less than 35% in the four games after Tulane. Is this a cause for concern?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
So I'm at the half.

Double digit offensive rebounds but only one 3. Up 17. Probably should have been closer to 25. Make such foolish decisions but that's to be expected I guess. A good game to come back from finals to. If this had been VCU it would have been very ugly.

As the season goes along I really hope the guys take their cues from Lammers. If you just watch him you wouldn't know if he was playing against VCU or Sam Houston St. It's the same aggressiveness, same play hard game. Josh Heath......quite simply and frankly, wouldn't play on my team. It is not a stretch to say Heyward has surpassed him. Catt should take all his minutes and Corey should take over ball handling when JMo needs a blow.

I agree on Heath, he is a Sr that adds very little, give the minutes to guys coming back, we are going to get killed mostly anyway

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Okogie has shot less than 35% in the four games after Tulane. Is this a cause for concern?

Yes, but not as much as if that is happening a year from now.

He is going to go through multiple periods of adjustment this season, as teams focus more on him, as the talent level increases. it's a learning process and he has holes in his game - he needs a better mid range shot and to extend his range to three point territory.

He is almost always aggressive, sometimes that is good, sometimes it leads to dumb fouls and dumb shots.
But overall i am really happy with his play.

We only have 4 players that have any ability to consistently score the ball - Lammers, TJ, Josh and Q. i sort of see now why Pastner brings TJ off the bench. if he didn't he literally would not have anybody that he could bring in to try to score. i sort of see TJ being developed sort of like Joe Dumars.