Brandon Gaudin, new voice of the Braves…

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
For Bally Sports?

Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Brandon is a class guy. When my daughter was a sophomore in high school, she was considering going into sports journalism/broadcasting. I reached out to Brandon to see if he could give her any advice. That request resulted in him suggesting we meet, so we spent about an hour with him at a Starbucks in the Buckhead area. We were disappointed to hear that he was leaving GT shortly after that.

I don’t dislike Andy, but I liked Brandon’s style a little more.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Brandon got a LOT of national attention after the Kick Six against FSU. I remember Jim Rome having his call of that miracle play as “the best thing in the sports week”. I think that may have helped him get the fast track to the Big Ten games and Madden. Happy to have him calling one of my teams again.

Always liked him. It’s also nice to hear that he grew up a Braves fan and the Braves job was his dream job. Now knowing that, can’t help but wonder if that was one of the reasons he applied for our job all those years ago. Perhaps he wanted to get his foot in the Atlanta market. I wish him luck and am happy to have him back in the A.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I really like Wes. I never had much love for Woody. When I moved to RTP area in the mid 70's we were just coming into the ACC. Woody treated GT like we were hot garbage when we played them. He made a lot of superiority remarks about their program. One would have thought he was the AD or the head coach. I never got over that. Now I admit they were a lot better at that time but I don't need some radio announcer's ego to be wrapped up in his employer's program by disparaging the other team unnecessarily.
There was an announcer at NCSU at the same time named Gary Dornberg. Much more professional and gave credit to the opponent when they made a good play. NCSU was very good then too. Norm Sloan/Jim Valvano days.
I think Wes has a lot of loyalty to GT but he grew up a UNC fan even though he went to Elon.
I remember Al Ciraldo. To me he was/is the voice of Georgia Tech sports.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I got to meet Wes two years ago at an award ceremony for the NSMA. (I’m an intern with them) He’s on the board and when I saw him my eyes lit up. He’s what Skip Caray was to my dad. As a GT fan living in Atlanta, Wes is the voice of my childhood. Me and my dad were able to chat with Wes and get a photo with him. He was very approachable and friendly and had positive things to say about his time at Tech. I somehow kept my composure because on the inside I was fanboying out.

I met Andy at MBB Fan Day this year. He’s a nice guy. I think he gets too much hate. He’s done a solid job so far Considering the two announcers who came before him.