Brand New KeShun Freeman article--AJC.com

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2015/07/15/busy-productive-summer-for-keshun-freeman/

For the second time, note that Freeman says he has crested 240lbs. Now, can folks stop saying that he's "only" about 220lbs? I'm pretty sure the kid knows how much he weighs. Only concern is whether he can hold onto that weight.

Summer workouts are “going pretty awesome,” Freeman reported. “Looking around, everybody, their weight is increasing and people are lifting more, people are becoming stronger, faster. And that’s the kind of production that we need to go into the season.”

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
keshunfreeman2.jpeg

Isn't that uni beautiful???

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope he can keep it on throughout the season. I remember reading how most of the team had lost 10+ lbs by the end of the season. We will need him at 240+ for the playoff and NC game :p

EDIT: Just read the article and it mentions the weight lose. Glad KS remembered it.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Not me. I never pay much attention to heights and weights. Let me just see how they play. But having said that, I am excited about Freeman with some experience and time in the system.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Love our veterans stepping up and taking a leadership role with the younger guys. These guys will spend the majority of their college lives together, and it's good to be around other high quality individuals who set a good example on and off the field.

I think this is what separates GT with most other programs. Sure, our guys aren't perfect and some guys will do stupid things, but making it through GT as a student requires a certain level of maturity and motivation. I think there's inherent pressure within the program that players have set up recently that the culture they cultivated won't tolerate selfishness. Starting to hear a lot "team" even from the incoming freshmen.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
This the part I don't like. You want to emphasize the STUDENT in SA but the Athlete often has to settle for the a degree he/she may not want.

Freeman changed majors from chemistry to business, but still intends to go to medical school with a goal of becoming a pediatric anesthesiologist. In addition to his business course load, he is planning to load up on science classes to be prepared to take the MCAT going into his senior year. A particular challenge with majoring in chemistry is the number of lab classes that take place during practice hours. He is taking a lab class this summer.

“I know this fall, I’m planning on taking organic chemistry,” he said. “That’s going to be a tough class, but the positive thing is I’m not taking the synthesis lab with it, the lab that goes with the class. You can take it separately, so I’ll be taking it at a separate time.”

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
This the part I don't like. You want to emphasize the STUDENT in SA but the Athlete often has to settle for the a degree he/she may not want.
It's unfortunate, but the in-class hours required (especially labs, which are usually not very flexible) for some of these majors make it nearly impossible to do with the demands of football. I'm glad to see we're helping him get all the extra science classes in, though, and I'm sure our counsellors have mapped out the path he needs to follow to get his requirements for med school in. In fact, having a business degree with the extra science classes could get him a more favorable look from med schools being a more well rounded student.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
It always seems like labs are the big killer for scholly athletes at Tech so far as being able to schedule around and take those courses/majors. I have often wondered why those can't be offered at night and various flexible times the way that graduate courses are offered, especially when they are typically conducted by T.A.'s.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
It always seems like labs are the big killer for scholly athletes at Tech so far as being able to schedule around and take those courses/majors. I have often wondered why those can't be offered at night and various flexible times the way that graduate courses are offered, especially when they are typically conducted by T.A.'s.
Some labs are offered at night, but I doubt all are. I took circuits lab during a coop semester, it met once a week at 6 PM.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Love our veterans stepping up and taking a leadership role with the younger guys. These guys will spend the majority of their college lives together, and it's good to be around other high quality individuals who set a good example on and off the field.

I think this is what separates GT with most other programs. Sure, our guys aren't perfect and some guys will do stupid things, but making it through GT as a student requires a certain level of maturity and motivation. I think there's inherent pressure within the program that players have set up recently that the culture they cultivated won't tolerate selfishness. Starting to hear a lot "team" even from the incoming freshmen.
Agree completely and I'll add there's not much free time to get in trouble as a GT SA.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
One more thing about this kid, he's clearly not afraid of pressure. He's wanting to be a pediatric anesthesiologist...that's got to be one of the most stressful jobs out there with massive liability for any mistakes. If he's actively working to get into that field, he's got balls (and smarts, too).