Bradley screws up again...

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
fwiw, googling offers several sites saying the quote was about either Bear or about Don Shula. It may be helpful if @BurdellJacket could provide his source for the quote.

I may have to take a mia culpa on this one folks. I could have sworn I saw an account where Bear said this about Coach Dodd before the 1962 game in which the Jackets broke Bama's 19 game winning streak after their championship season. It was rainy, muddy day and supposedly a disconsolate Bear made these remarks prior to the game in which Tech won 7-6. The sound you hear is BurdellJacket crashing in flames. Sorry to stir up all the fuss.....

Woodstock

Georgia Tech Fan
I think it is one of those apocryphal quotes that is attributed to just about every historically famous coach. Sort of like, "Three things can happen when you throw a pass, and two of them are bad."

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I may have to take a mia culpa on this one folks. I could have sworn I saw an account where Bear said this about Coach Dodd before the 1962 game in which the Jackets broke Bama's 19 game winning streak after their championship season. It was rainy, muddy day and supposedly a disconsolate Bear made these remarks prior to the game in which Tech won 7-6. The sound you hear is BurdellJacket crashing in flames. Sorry to stir up all the fuss.....
This is close to my memory as he conveyed these sentiments to a recruit and his mother. The recruit, D. Kim King, later revealed the exchange. He also stated at a later date that if he could prepare the team all week and let Dodd coach the game, they would never lose.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I may have to take a mia culpa on this one folks. I could have sworn I saw an account where Bear said this about Coach Dodd before the 1962 game in which the Jackets broke Bama's 19 game winning streak after their championship season.

That is not to say that all of the above quotes about the AJC are not entirely correct.