Brad Morgan done for medical reasons

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
this has come up before. i loved my time at gt. it was as wonderful experience in every way. i dont understand the comments that act like gt was a prison.

I guess it depends on when you attended Tech. Maybe it was the six days a week grind, 8 o'clock Saturday classes, 3 to 6 Friday afternoon labs, mandatory 6 classes of phys ed, mandatory 7 AM ROTC without credit, and a class load of 6 and 7 classes each quarter to get out in 12. Not to mention drown proofing and student teachers who did not teach.. Some of it was wonderful but a lot of it was like described above, including the elimination of 1/3 of the students through the curve process. The experience was well worth the effort required to get out but when I was there it was a GRIND. My daughter graduated almost 30 years later and her experience was more like your description.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I guess it depends on when you attended Tech. Maybe it was the six days a week grind, 8 o'clock Saturday classes, 3 to 6 Friday afternoon labs, mandatory 6 classes of phys ed, mandatory 7 AM ROTC without credit, and a class load of 6 and 7 classes each quarter to get out in 12. Not to mention drown proofing and student teachers who did not teach.. Some of it was wonderful but a lot of it was like described above, including the elimination of 1/3 of the students through the curve process. The experience was well worth the effort required to get out but when I was there it was a GRIND. My daughter graduated almost 30 years later and her experience was more like your description.
That's what I remember. A grinder plus the draft hanging over us.

Deleted member 2897

Yup. I didn't mind hard. I didn't mind extremely hard. But there were more than enough of those classes where the teacher had almost a true bell curve (8% A, 20% B, 40% C, 20% D, 12% F) that were to me just stupid. It didn't matter if the class was 30 students and all were 1500 SAT Einsteins, they had their curve and fit the scores to it. It was hard just for the sake of being hard and kicking people out. I remember a fraternity brother of mine got called into the professor's office after an exam. It was 2 questions, long and drawn out with differential equations and other parts to it. The class average was in the 40s because nobody got the 2nd question right. But this guy did - he did enough figuring that it looked like the answer was just under 50%, so he guessed 0.48 and that was the answer. He was accused of cheating because nobody ever got that question right and nobody was supposed to. Luckily he had done enough work he could walk the professor through what he did. But you could tell they were out for blood in that class and were insulted anybody could legitimately pass.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
You left out the 30 hour a week part time job so you could pay the oit of state tuition.
Loved the whole experience but now i look back w some sadness.

Was too busy succeeding to make good friends. I think the " i" got out" due to "my efforts" is a part of why "we" are poor givers and attenders.