BR Orange Bowl Predictions

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Once again, no respect...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

Why the hell can't anyone but us see that this team is different? (sarcasm) Our bowl record precedes us, and the general consensus is that with ample time to prepare, Johnson's offensive scheme advantage is nullified.

Let's say it's a great. close, game, but GT comes up short. Sure, we will always be proud of what this team accomplished this season, but I would be very disappointed with yet another bowl loss - a second major bowl under CPJ at that. Let's face it. GT needs to win this game for a bunch a reasons. I'll go ahead and call it a "must win" game.

I think the key to victory, if our normal gig isn't working, will be the timeliness of adjustments. Would the outcome of the ACCCG been different if CTR had made his defensive adjustments in the 1st half? What about if we had tried more passing prior to our last drive? Our coaching staff must be ready to have a plan B ready if MSU south is on to us early....

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Once again, no respect...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...dium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

Why the hell can't anyone but us see that this team is different? (sarcasm) Our bowl record precedes us, and the general consensus is that with ample time to prepare, Johnson's offensive scheme advantage is nullified.

Let's say it's a great. close, game, but GT comes up short. Sure, we will always be proud of what this team accomplished this season, but I would be very disappointed with yet another bowl loss - a second major bowl under CPJ at that. Let's face it. GT needs to win this game for a bunch a reasons. I'll go ahead and call it a "must win" game.

I think the key to victory, if our normal gig isn't working, will be the timeliness of adjustments. Would the outcome of the ACCCG been different if CTR had made his defensive adjustments in the 1st half? What about if we had tried more passing prior to our last drive? Our coaching staff must be ready to have a plan B ready if MSU south is on to us early....

We passed for an interception and a failed 4th and 5 prior to the last drive. Wish we had gone to that in the first half.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
It's f---ing bleacher report. Would it make you feel better if I signed up for an account, became a college football editor later today, and wrote a glowing article?

I know what BR is and no it wouldn't make me feel better because you would have to make a video and become one of their "experts," not just some "contributing football writer." And our bowl record is century sux regardless. What does GT football and marijuana have in common?

Cheesehead Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
At this time of year , there is plenty of scouting on every team. Plus, you can't always make adjustments early in a game because the other team will just adjust to the adjustment. The key is when you adjust and can the personnel do it . I think our in game adjustments have been very good this year. We have a wealth of experience in Roof and PJ. They have seen it all before. At some point it becomes a question of breakdowns, mistakes, turnovers , rather than scheme. If we don't turn the ball over, or maybe only one time, I believe we will beat another Dawg this year.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Is Florida St better than Miss St? They seem very similar...I personally think Jameis is a better QB than Dac but I'm afraid that Dac is Logan Thomas 2.0..I hope they don't run him that much.

thwuga

Georgia Tech Fan
I know what BR is and no it wouldn't make me feel better because you would have to make a video and become one of their "experts," not just some "contributing football writer." And our bowl record is century sux regardless. What does GT football and marijuana have in common?
How many slideshow views does "expert" require?

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
How many slideshow views does "expert" require?

I don't know. Screw BR, let's stay on topic on why GT is not getting respect as all 3 of these 3 guys are predicting a MSU south win. Personally, if I see the offense sputter in the Orange Bowl like we did the last 3 years in games against above average defenses, I'm going to puke. GT's performances against Clemson, UGA, & F$U tells me this isn't going to happen. I just hope MSU's offensive line isn't as good as F$U's. God knows the GT defense really tried in that game.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
To answer your question, they are both things I love. Got any tougher questions?

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
All three of those idiots don't have a clue. They probably have not even watched Tech play this season...my 2 cents worth....

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
I think CPJ's bowl losses need to be looked at in context. I'm not convinced that the problem is "give a team two weeks to prepare, and they can stop the option". It might be more of a - the triple option / flexbone may be hard to run against defenses with at least two NFL DTs, the best DE in the nation, an NFL LB, and multiple NFL DBs... but then again, when you have an awesome offensive line + Justin Thomas, it may be less of a problem

2008 vs. LSU (blowout loss)
  • 6 NFL defensive linemen, including 3rd overall pick Tyson Jackson
  • 1 NFL LB
  • 2 NFL DBs - one by the name of Patrick Peterson
2009 v. Iowa (Lose by 10 to a very good iowa team)
  • 2 NFL DT + Adrian Clayborn (1st rnd, 20 overall)
  • 2 NFL LBS - Angerer (2nd round)
  • 2 NFL DBs
2010 - CPJ's worst year ever (loss 14-7 to Air force)
2011 - mediocre year. Blow lead to Utah in OT
2012 - Beat USC 21 - 7
2013 - Lose by 8 to Ole Miss - a young team who turned out to be pretty darn good.

GTMom

Ramblin' Wreck
It's better to be the underdog anyway...If we are not expected to win, it's even better when we do!

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
Here's some analysis of a similar quality.

WHAT DOES LOSING THE ORANGE BOWL NEED? MOOOOOOOOORE COWBELL!!! JUSTIN THOMAS PUTS HIS PANTS ON LIKE THE REST OF YOU. ONE LEG AT A TIME. EXCEPT, ONCE HIS PANTS ARE ON, HE RUNS PAUL JOHNSON'S TRIPLE OPTION OFFENSE WITH DEADLY EFFICIENCY!!! LOOK FOR GEORGIA TECH TO RUIN MISSISSIPPI'S STATE'S FIRST ORANGE BOWL APPEARANCE IN OVER 70 YEARS LIKE JIMMY FALLON CRACKING UP RUINS AN SNL SKIT!!!