Bowling Green Post Game... 😢

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Fire Key! Don't wait, you're just postponing the inevitable, digging a deeper hole. Each terrible loss/season makes it harder to recruit players or coaches. What rising 'good' high school football player's image of Tech isn't affected by this . . . https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2023/sep/30/georgia-tech-loses-at-home-to-three-touchdown/
I'm growing tired of these kinds of posts and fans tbh
I know we're all frustrated but damn, we've got to give it a week and see how we respond to Miami

Also as others said, what coach will want to come here if we fire a new coach 3 games in to a new tenure.

We're all scarred from Collins, but most of us saw right through his BS and knew he wouldn't last.

Key has the right mentality to right the ship, understands the difficulty at Tech. We've got to be a little flexible and at least see how the season goes

I really don't want to be wrong about key, and want to see him succeed. Let's just take a breath and see how we respond next week

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Key had a chance for a fresh new start and the funds to bring in a new face to run the Defense
We had defensive problems way before Thacker got here and there’s not much to work with. PJ’s defense struggled he was just good enough on offense to win. The top talent of defensive players don’t want to go where the triple option is the offense and then add on 3 more year of a bad HC is disastrous. The kids are trying they’re just not good enough to start at Ga Tech. We have a lot of good plays on defense so that shows you the kids are trying but the bad plays kill us. Did they not step up and win the Wake game? They’re trying brother, they just ain’t good enough. Most of the time until Key gets the talent on defense we’re going to have to click on offense to get the win. The offense had a bad day yesterday just like the defense, it happens.

slugboy

Staff member
(continued)

We got more yards than they did. Their yards counted towards points, though—and ours didn’t.
IMG_0326.jpeg

By the numbers, their OL didn’t perform better than ours. By my eye test, they were blocking a lot better.

IMG_0327.jpeg

For the stats, again we did very well at getting yards. Points, not so much:

IMG_0328.jpeg

This isn’t opponent-adjusted. Our stats look even—aside from turnovers—in a game that should have been a rout.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
We had defensive problems way before Thacker got here and there’s not much to work with. PJ’s defense struggled he was just good enough on offense to win. The top talent of defensive players don’t want to go where the triple option is the offense and then add on 3 more year of a bad HC is disastrous. The kids are trying they’re just not good enough to start at Ga Tech. We have a lot of good plays on defense so that shows you the kids are trying but the bad plays kill us. Did they not step up and win the Wake game? They’re trying brother, they just ain’t good enough. Most of the time until Key gets the talent on defense we’re going to have to click on offense to get the win. The offense had a bad day yesterday just like the defense, it happens.

People think it’s magic beans on defense. Has anyone watched LSU on defense? Or lsu? Or how about USC? All have 5 stars across the board and can’t stop anyone

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I heard Key's postgame presser. I want to know what he plans to do to improve what he said were problems in all phases of the team. Will he make coaching changes? Will he start different players? Will they run the steps at BDS?
Who are the team leaders? Is there division on the team? Are there tendencies that the other team has learned?
A common mistake is to not really make changes but to think you just have to work the system harder when the system has become outdated or flawed. Lots of businesses that were successful and leaders in their field have made that mistake and then became irrelevant. They were unwilling to make changes based on previous success. Whatever we have been doing on defense the last few years certainly hasn't been working very well.

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
This game was worse than:
-The Citadel
-NIU

As bad as:
-Temple
-Virginia Tech 45-0
-Middle Tennessee
-Barely beating Gardner-Webb

I think you have to go back to Furman in the 80s to find games that were indisputably worse (which I’m fairly certain is about when we wore black unis for the first time)
Thank you for the hyperbole. That was very helpful.

inknerd

Georgia Tech Fan
Billygoat91 beat me to it. With the recent history of this team, how can these players possibly overlook anyone? As wrmathis pointed out, this is absolutely unacceptable. Wonder why the Dodd is about half filled with not that many students in attendance? This kind of performance will kill a program, just ask Nebraska.
What's even the point. If the players don't care, and the coaches can't even be paid to care. Why are we as fans expected to keep paying and tolerating this garbage?

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
Find me 2,3 stars who hate to lose. Those along with higher rated players for difference makers. I would have this tape qued up for visits. Not so much to embarrass individual players but the scoring plays and final.

Plenty of opportunities here early.....

inknerd

Georgia Tech Fan
If Sherrer is the answer why are we not seeing sound fundamental tackling already? He’s not going to magically change anything he could not already influence IMO.
Fire the whole D staff. Coleman included. Do it today and tow their cars so they Uber somewhere far away from campus. There's not a single adult in the room.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don’t dislike CBK, but other than some fortunate happenings to end last season, there was nothing else that gave me optimism. Heck, the staff, including Key, still has a lot of CGC’s people. No other school than us would have kept any of them. Key’s position group at GT was arguably the worst of any group. When he was 2nd in command at UCF, they didn’t win a game the entire season. Heck, he was 2nd in command here for 3+ years, & we saw how that unfolded. Saban didn’t even counter offer, because he was ready for him to go. I believe we have no choice but to give him 3-4 years, but I believe mediocrity is the best we can hope for, & we may not reach that sad level. As a GT fan, I honestly wish we could go back to 2018 & do things differently, but we can’t. My sincere hope is that we still have an FBS program in 5 years. The large $$ donor group has zero clue what it takes to compete at GT with all of the inherent STEM school handicaps & the NIL stuff.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
The biggest single problem I see, is tackling, and it has been so all year. We need some really brutal tackling drills.
I watched the Kentucky-Florida game on Saturday. Watched Kentucky dbs stick their face mask into a runners chest and put them immediately on the ground. Why GT, why can't you do same?

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I don’t dislike CBK, but other than some fortunate happenings to end last season, there was nothing else that gave me optimism. Heck, the staff, including Key, still has a lot of CGC’s people. No other school than us would have kept any of them. Key’s position group at GT was arguably the worst of any group. When he was 2nd in command at UCF, they didn’t win a game the entire season. Heck, he was 2nd in command here for 3+ years, & we saw how that unfolded. Saban didn’t even counter offer, because he was ready for him to go. I believe we have no choice but to give him 3-4 years, but I believe mediocrity is the best we can hope for, & we may not reach that sad level. As a GT fan, I honestly wish we could go back to 2018 & do things differently, but we can’t. My sincere hope is that we still have an FBS program in 5 years. The large $$ donor group has zero clue what it takes to compete at GT with all of the inherent STEM school handicaps & the NIL stuff.

He was also second in command at UCF when they were 11-3, 10-4, 13-1 and 9-4. Do we give him credit for that or nah? Also I would beg the question if Alabamas o-line has been so much better since Key left? Bryce Young pretty much ran for his life for two years and the line is atrocious this year.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
He may not be the final answer, Key may not be the final answer but Thacker needs to be gone for team moral if not for anything else. We'll have a better idea by the end of the year if Sherrer can do the job. Who else you gonna put there to do the DC job the rest of the year, I don't see any better alternatives on staff now. Brian Baker never been a DC I don't think. Not sure he wants to be on field full time. Maybe.
TFG was the AD’s guy and look what happened to them both. Thacker is Key’s guy. A word to the wise…

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I watched the Kentucky-Florida game on Saturday. Watched Kentucky dbs stick their face mask into a runners chest and put them immediately on the ground. Why GT, why can't you do same?
Same reason our RBs get so little yardage after initial contact. Heart?

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I just want us to reach a point where I am not ashamed or embarrassed to say I pull for Tech

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
Stoops has been at Kentucky for 10 years he’s had time to build Kentucky to what they are today. Kentucky was also in much better shape when he got there than what Ga Tech is today. Give Brent Key 3 years and you will see Ga Tech fighting for the ACC Division championship. I don’t like talking bad and being negative about Ga Tech because I love ‘em but man this team was in horrible shape this time last year and we’re 6-7 the last 13 games. Nick Saban was 7-6 his first year at Alabama with 4* talent at every position 2 deep. That’s not what Brent Key inherited. There’s also a reason why Nick Saban went to alabama. Brent Key took on a challenge that most coaches won’t take including Nick Saban.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
yeah thacker sucks but a decision was made to retain him. key **** the bed there and he has to lie in it.
I’m pretty sure a lot of fans at the end of the year wanted us to keep Thacker. So Key wasn’t the only one let’s see what he does after the season or during the season which I’m not crazy about cutting a coach in the middle of a season.