Bowling Green Post Game... 😢

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Stay at my man. We'll get there.

old man running GIF by RunnerSpace.com
Nice!!

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t think anyone is calling for Key to be fired yet, but Thacker is in his fifth seasons as DC. Think it’s safe to say he’s not the answer.
I know we’ve already brought Ted Roof in during PJ’s time here and I think it’s time to bring him home again. He left Penn State to come back home so why not try again? I don’t think he’s broke and he loves Ga Tech so money probably won’t be an issue. With Brent Key as HC and the offense doing pretty dang good I believe we could get the talent back at Ga Tech on defense. I loved PJ but the top defensive players didn’t want to come to Ga Tech because of the triple option, that’s not the case now. There’s enough talent in Georgia for Georgia and Ga Tech to win NC’s, we just gotta give the kids a reason to come to Atlanta. Brent Key and Ted Roof is a very good reason to come to Ga Tech

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Hilarious thread. People underestimate how hard a rebuild is. Miami was blasted last year by middle Tennessee state. I could go back every year and find a terrible loss by a program with a first year head coach and now all of a sudden it’s only at Tech and our program is trash lol funny

JacketFan137

Banned
Collins made this fan base a little crazy. Tech fans used to be a little more restrained and reasonable compared to other fan bases. Now we want to fire coaches before they’ve even had a full season.
didn’t say that. i said if the season ends with some blowouts a la 100-0 i think it may be appropriate to take a step back and evaluate some things.

there’s definitely time to right the ship with our full acc slate ahead of us, but if significant changes aren’t made asap this team is really gonna have some issues with clemson, unc and uga who have much better athletes than we saw today

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
CGC just keeps dumping on this program. I cannot believe sometimes how deep the hole is he put this program in. I hate to say it but it will take three years to rebuild from all the damage he did. Unfortunately, he also exhausted the patience of the fan base and even though Key is the right person to turn this around I doubt the fans will give him as much slack as they cut CGC.

CGC really carpet bombed this program.
Facts

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Effort obviously dropped after a pretty big win vs WFU. We get up 14 easily and tried to coast? How many times have we seen GT win a game we’re not supposed to, then dump the next week?

I was there - my two big impressions on D were (1) continuation of missed tackles and (2) huge drop off getting pressure compared to WF. We lived in Wake’s backfield last week, BG’s quarterback could do whatever he wanted. As bad as our D was, we would have won without two catastrophic plays on offense: Failed 4th-1 and pick 6. Erase those two plays and we probably win in spite of mostly sucking across the board.

The miscommunication with receivers looked new to me. We only ran for 69, 17 minutes possession, good grief.

I didn’t see much effort stopping the pick 6, looked like they quit. Was happy to leave shortly thereafter.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Hilarious thread. People underestimate how hard a rebuild is. Miami was blasted last year by middle Tennessee state. I could go back every year and find a terrible loss by a program with a first year head coach and now all of a sudden it’s only at Tech and our program is trash lol funny
This isn't an isolated loss. This has been happening for what, 5 years now? How many programs have **** the bed for 5 years in a row? The only way you fix this is for heads to roll.

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
i don’t want to do it but it’s pretty hard to make excuses for him after what we’ve seen so far and he was a part of the **** show that brought us here.

this was a program defining loss and a lot of questions should be asked before we are sitting in year 4 in a similar situation
Apples and oranges... Collins wasn’t even allowing contact in practice. Takes sometime to get soft out of the system

JacketFan137

Banned
Uh huh. I tried to tell everybody BG was a decent team. No question they're head and shoulders better than the Citadel.
we were 26 point favorites against citadel and 22 points against bowling green. head and shoulders better is a massive reach and regardless we looked worse today than we did against citadel

JacketFan137

Banned
This isn't an isolated loss. This has been happening for what, 5 years now? How many programs have **** the bed for 5 years in a row? The only way you fix this is for heads to roll.
this is key and thacker’s fifth year and the team is making some of the same mistakes. it’s more than fair for people to be asking questions about their jobs and it’s being silly to pretend like it’s so crazy to suggest they get fired