Bowling Green Post Game... 😢

JacketFan137

Banned
This team was much better than the Citadel.
we made them look much better than the citadel. they just got blown out 38-7 against miami of ohio. this loss is just as indefensible and frankly worse cause we looked like we quit and we have a better roster than we did when we played citadel

CubeE

Georgia Tech Fan
I too am a Tech and Jets fan. I grew up in the New York area when the Sack Exchange was wreaking havoc and loved their style of play. Been a long suffering fan ever since.
1696121425117.gif

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
Were we attempting a fake punt in the 2d quarter with the lead? If we were, it was a total bonehead decision. Coach Key didn't have the team or his coaches ready to play or coach.. This is unfortunately starting to look like a trend, ( UVA, Miami, BG - all clunkers at home.) But, we have a long way to go. Something has to change with our LBs though.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Were we attempting a fake punt in the 2d quarter with the lead? If we were, it was a total bonehead decision. Coach Key didn't have the team or his coaches ready to play or coach.. This is unfortunately starting to look like a trend, ( UVA, Miami, BG - all clunkers at home.) But, we have a long way to go. Something has to change with our LBs though.
No. Bad snap into the upbacks shoulder pads.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
overall this is same story as every tech team in history, we lack talent and speed, especially on defense.
Ok this is BS. Tech has historically often had very good defenses. The famed Black Watch and all. But during the Gailey years, Tech had awesome defenses year in and year out under Tenuta. Those teams had amazing mixes of NFL players and non NFL players who nonetheless played hard, aggressive and effectively.

The vast majority of our big wins was a result of great defense rather than offense.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
CGC just keeps dumping on this program. I cannot believe sometimes how deep the hole is he put this program in. I hate to say it but it will take three years to rebuild from all the damage he did. Unfortunately, he also exhausted the patience of the fan base and even though Key is the right person to turn this around I doubt the fans will give him as much slack as they cut CGC.

CGC really carpet bombed this program.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
CGC just keeps dumping on this program. I cannot believe sometimes how deep the hole is he put this program in. I hate to say it but it will take three years to rebuild from all the damage he did. Unfortunately, he also exhausted the patience of the fan base and even though Key is the right person to turn this around I doubt the fans will give him as much slack as they cut CGC.

Yep, folks on here already, ready to dump key but don't realize how much of a hole were really in if we do

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
While I don’t disagree, I’m not sold on firing Key yet. Team does look different. It’s not a team I’m super excited about, but Im more excited than under CGC
We gave Collins over 3 years of slack. That wasn’t right but neither would be firing a coach before he’s had a full season.

JacketFan137

Banned

key coming from the collins staff and retaining thacker makes it really hard for me to have patience with him. he was the assistant coach so whether fair or not he has to bare some responsibility for what happened during the collins era. the fact that he is now the head coach and the same things are happening (special teams miscues, terrible defense, questionable clock/timeout management, team losing to g5 opponents we PAID to come here), makes it really hard to seriously sit here and tell myself to give him more time.