Bowling Green Post Game... šŸ˜¢

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
The issue with a lot of our decisions is lack of money for athletics. Big money programs can fire coaches with lots of money left on contracts. We can't. Ergo why Collins survived for almost 4 years I feel like we are a small market MLB team.
At this point, I think the ā€œwe donā€™t have the moneyā€ is an excuse. When the president comes out saying he supports athletics with the J Batt hire, then make the damn commitment. Our school has so much money, itā€™s not even funny. If he wants a legit sports program, pull the money over and do it. Tech as a school does so much good and important research, that we can slip aside money for athletics. People donā€™t realize how smart our student base is, but damn, the president and other leaders donā€™t show it.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It seemed like our pressure was predictable not only for which down & distance, but also with whom was blitzing and which gaps. That makes it easy to scheme against. At least it seemed that way to me.
We didn't tackle was our biggest problem but I agree we were tipping off our blitzes and also tipping off when we were not going to blitz. You could see it.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
This is a bad look to me and completely unacceptable

This is second time this team has gotten full of themselves. They did it in the middle of the Louisville game and lost that one, and now they did it coming into this game and lost. How does a program that has won 25% of its games over the past four plus years think they can stop playing with maximum effort? They have not earned the right to take any game lightly.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
Posted on another thread

Out coached (BG was better prepared)
BG was more physical
BG gave more effort
BG was tougher
BG wanted it more, they competed

After going up 14-0 itā€™s like we hit cruise control and then the wheels fell off.

Once you shut it down, itā€™s hard to turn it back on. We saw that today.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Just saw in the postgame presser that key said he doesnā€™t have any concerns about his staff. Welp, it was nice knowing you guys but Iā€™m not dedicating any more of my time to this ****show. If you canā€™t see after the last 5 weeks that your DC is not fit to even coach middle school football then you need to go too. God damn why did I ever choose to root for this team.
See you next week

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Man Thackerā€™s D is horrible. I want to go back and watch last week to understand why it looked so much better. I wonder if we just got home with the D line and that was the difference? How can we be successful if we continue to have our LBs and DBs stay put at the snap and wait for opponents to show up to tackle?

chriscarter

Georgia Tech Fan
Man Thackerā€™s D is horrible. I want to go back and watch last week to understand why it looked so much better. I wonder if we just got home with the D line and that was the difference? How can we be successful if we continue to have our LBs and DBs stay put at the snap and wait for opponents to show up to tackle?
Please do not use the word tackle? We hit people we tackle nobody.

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
Key was on staff for yearsā€¦ his oline was struggling for those same years. What are you trying to excuse?
And the o line got better the second Collins was out. Collins was such a cancer he killed everything. Iā€™ve been in enough organizations to see a terrible leader kill great work under them. Iā€™m not saying Key is perfect, but Collins was horrible. Would we all view Key better if he left for SC when he had the chance?
Am I mad about today? Of course I am. We looked unprepared and undisciplined on both sides of the ball.
Progress is not linear. The team is better today and than it ever was with Collins. Key ainā€™t going anywhere for at least 2 years. We should support him.

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
With only 9 posts on this board, exactly how much of your time have you been dedicating to the team?
Man. Being a Tech fan is almost as difficult as being a Falcons fan. I hope the Braves win the Series.

Proud Spongebob Squarepants GIF

go jackets......
Tell me about it. At least tomorrow the pain will be over by 12:30. Tomorrow expect Jags to mop the floor with us.

This is what I was talking about earlier. Iā€™m not ruining one of two days I have off to watch a terrible product. I bleed old gold and white but Iā€™m not going to drive to Atlanta and suffer through something like this.