Bowling Green Post Game... šŸ˜¢

JacketFan137

Banned
We obviously had a lot of issues. My biggest problems were getting totally drubbed physically, still can't tackle one on one and outschemed on both sides of the ball. The last two are consistent themes. We have to have more effective coaching and better talent. I originally projected 5 wins but that looks way optimistic with our play and remaining schedule.
yeah paying a team to come into our stadium and play more physical football than us is embarrassing. everyone in the stadium knew what they were doing on offense. credit to their RB he really had some of the toughest running weā€™ve seen from an opponent all season. he shook off every tackle and fell forward no matter what

CubeE

Georgia Tech Fan
Any fan who quits on this program now better not suddenly come back when things get good again. As upset as I am right now, enduring the tough times is what fandom is about. Anyone who wants to give up now, go ahead and leave, and we won't miss ya.
I agree with you, but at this point weā€™re pretty much down to true fans. Iā€™m not quitting as a fan but next time we ā€œPack the Doddā€ and ask fans to show up Iā€™ll just watch on TV. I just canā€™t justify taking PTO + buying a hotel + driving 12 hours round trip. I love the jackets but god damn do they make it hard.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I just hope we remember this for the next time we get a win. Don't fall for it. We could randomly beat Miami next week but don't fall for it. This is Georgia Tech and no win against anyone should get any of us even remotely optimistic. We are a **** show of an organization no matter what random win may fall into our lap.

Firing Thacker or anyone else isn't going to save this program. Whole team sucks in every phase of the game and has for years.
Now that you mention it, it wouldn't surprise me if we did win at Miami next week. College football moves in mysterious ways.

JacketFan137

Banned
I agree with you, but at this point weā€™re pretty much down to true fans. Iā€™m not quitting as a fan but next time we ā€œPack the Doddā€ and ask fans to show up Iā€™ll just watch on TV. I just canā€™t justify taking PTO + buying a hotel + driving 12 hours round trip. I love the jackets but god damn do they make it hard.
yeah i really am of the camp that if you are able you should donate and attend games no matter what but at this point if people wanna vote with their wallets and eye balls itā€™s hard to blame them. key and thacker are currently putting an unwatchable product on the field. if people donā€™t want to watch until major change occurs who can blame them?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Coming out of halftime, needing a stop, the defense allows BG to march easily downfield. We get them to 3rd and 8 on the 12 and instead of playing tight, our defense backs up to protect the goal line as if it were 3rd and goal. They get an easy first down against the soft coverage. They score two plays later as the QB runs untouched to the pylon. That is all you need to know about our defense.

The best example of our offense is our center standing at the line of scrimmage by himself looking for someone to block, while the blitzer who ran right by him forces an 18 yard loss taking us out if FG range.
Key has had all the faith in world in our center. Hope he improves fast, as we have some stout dl coming.
In Lousiville loss same center got manhandled for the big sack fumble.

Seems like we have qb who can get ball to wr - just not in r zone. He passed for 64%, 340 yds, 4 tds and w 2 int. I think he is near top of acc.

He neĆØds some sort of effective run game in red zone.

We had about 70 yds on ground - not because the other team loaded the box.
Our ol is weak at run blocking and we insist on playing a wr at rb.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Nobody saw our offensive line fall flat on their face twice in a row on a QB sneak against a bottom tier MAC school? Thacker sucks but he's just a scapegoat. Offense and special teams are trash too. Singleton is good and will make a nice splash in the SEC in a year or 2.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There are so many problems with this team I don't know where to start but here is my top 3

1. We can not tackle. Nobody on this team wraps up. It's throw a shoulder and hope they fall down.

2. Soft coverage. Watch any other team play and tell me one DB that plays 7+ yards off the wr. We need to get up and be more physical.

3. Pass protection. We have none king has potential but not behind this line.
1. Correct. Shoulder tackles that bounce off or drag a few of our guys down the field for extra yards. CB's are often 30 -40lbs smaller than the guy they are tackling. Need to go low and take out their legs.
2. We played soft in coverage so they just threw underneath with possession passes. There were some blown coverages with guys wide open more than once. I don't remember them throwing over the top at all. Short, quick passes which produced sustained drives.
3. They whipped our OL today. King wasn't as sharp today for whatever reason. Our run game is really bad. Has been all year.

JacketFan137

Banned
Nobody saw our offensive line fall flat on their face twice in a row on a QB sneak against a bottom tier MAC school? Thacker sucks but he's just a scapegoat. Offense and special teams are trash too. Singleton is good and will make a nice splash in the SEC in a year or 2.
yeah we have a lot of younger guys on the line so i can forgive them being bullied by clemson or uga but this is inexcusable. how our former coach is an o linemen coach and he had a unit playing that poorly is beyond me

Jacket0323

Jolly Good Fellow
Just saw in the postgame presser that key said he doesnā€™t have any concerns about his staff. Welp, it was nice knowing you guys but Iā€™m not dedicating any more of my time to this ****show. If you canā€™t see after the last 5 weeks that your DC is not fit to even coach middle school football then you need to go too. God damn why did I ever choose to root for this team.
He canā€™t say anything about changes publicly.... players wonā€™t listen to Thacker...

I remember 1994 when the team found out Oleay was taking over for Lewis.

Look at the sideline during FSU game, Lewis was alone at opposite 20. Lewis was fired Sunday (I think) following game because Homer saw the team dynamics.....

Canā€™t have one side of the ball rudderless and whom would replace Thacker knowing HC will trash you in public..

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We obviously had a lot of issues. My biggest problems were getting totally drubbed physically, still can't tackle one on one and outschemed on both sides of the ball. The last two are consistent themes. We have to have more effective coaching and better talent. I originally projected 5 wins but that looks way optimistic with our play and remaining schedule.
Was Thacker taking a test on the sidelines at that table or writing his resume?

chriscarter

Georgia Tech Fan
Exactly.... I don't think we have bandwagon fans because who in there right mind would say hey I'm going to root for GT?