Bowling Green Post Game... 😢

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I just hope we remember this for the next time we get a win. Don't fall for it. We could randomly beat Miami next week but don't fall for it. This is Georgia Tech and no win against anyone should get any of us even remotely optimistic. We are a **** show of an organization no matter what random win may fall into our lap.

Firing Thacker or anyone else isn't going to save this program. Whole team sucks in every phase of the game and has for years.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
I just hope we remember this for the next time we get a win. Don't fall for it. We could randomly beat Miami next week but don't fall for it. This is Georgia Tech and no win against anyone should get any of us even remotely optimistic. We are a **** show of an organization no matter what random win may fall into our lap.

Firing Thacker or anyone else isn't going to save this program. Whole team sucks in every phase of the game and has for years.

so turn in your fan card and walk away before it causes you brain damage.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Can anyone with a better eye answer a question? It seems like the past couple years teams have really begun exploiting our zone blitz with wheel route out of the backfield. Even the announcer mentioned it.

Are we tipping our hand somehow or being to predictable with the call? I understand the DE has to go in coverage and that’s the price you pay, but it seems like we get our hand caught in the cookie jar an awful lot.
It seemed like our pressure was predictable not only for which down & distance, but also with whom was blitzing and which gaps. That makes it easy to scheme against. At least it seemed that way to me.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
Saban lost to La-Monroe his first year at Bama. I’m giving Key a pass here.

The writing is on the wall for our DC.

This team struggles with success. We saw it at Louisville. We got out to a quick lead and acted like it was over after thinking we were big time for beating Wake.

Disappointed with defense giving up so many 3rd and longs.

Offense was clueless after first two drives. Can’t have the ball for 7 minutes in the first half.
This absolutely is not the same situation as Saban at Bama.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan

You are certainly welcome to your thoughts and opinions. I’m frustrated after today’s game … and no doubt there were obvious gaps to be remedied in earlier games this season. But I believe Cabrera and Batt are trying to improve out success in the field and on the court. I believe we need to support them by being present, pledging our financial support, and being positive. I wish you well although you seemed to have given up. Go Jackets! 🐝

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
With Tech's 'marketing' folks, I wouldn't be surprised if next time they want to add some red trim to the black uniforms as a contrast color and think the school will make a lot of money selling the stylish look to fans.
Could be a big seller at Wal-Mart.

chriscarter

Georgia Tech Fan
There are so many problems with this team I don't know where to start but here is my top 3

1. We can not tackle. Nobody on this team wraps up. It's throw a shoulder and hope they fall down.

2. Soft coverage. Watch any other team play and tell me one DB that plays 7+ yards off the wr. We need to get up and be more physical.

3. Pass protection. We have none king has potential but not behind this line.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
this team lost to ohio last week 38-7. this loss is every bit as bad if not worse than the citadel loss
We obviously had a lot of issues. My biggest problems were getting totally drubbed physically, still can't tackle one on one and outschemed on both sides of the ball. The last two are consistent themes. We have to have more effective coaching and better talent. I originally projected 5 wins but that looks way optimistic with our play and remaining schedule.

GoJackets1

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah, you have to wonder about Key's football IQ. Some bad game management and decision-making.
Not that it turned into anything, but, his timeout call to avoid the 10-second runoff with just under a minute in the first half was questionable. Of course, this is only one of several questionable calls that have been made this season.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Man. Being a Tech fan is almost as difficult as being a Falcons fan. I hope the Braves win the Series.

Proud Spongebob Squarepants GIF

go jackets......

chriscarter

Georgia Tech Fan
For anyone else that was at the game today please tell me I'm wrong when I say turnout was decent and our boys got booed against BG or did I imagine that?